525bhp saloon rs6 eater..

It's because the saloon has better structural rigidity (e.g. the rear deck isn't ballasted by a cardboard sheet!).

I'm sure it's a marketing campaign to raise interest in the saloon.

How many threads going on this topic now???!

Reactions: Artimus
It's because the saloon has better structural rigidity (e.g. the rear deck isn't ballasted by a cardboard sheet!).

I'm sure it's a marketing campaign to raise interest in the saloon.

How many threads going on this topic now???!

I posted this literally 2 mins after s3jack posted the first thread without knowing ..

I would of deleted this thread but there's no option to do that ..

I was actually saying to you before that the A3 saloon looks to small to be salooned (i made that word up) but looking at the 07plate RS4's there's not actually much difference ..but then again I wouldn't go for a saloon RS4 neither.

I like it a lot! It reminds me of the b6 a4 which i love!

Reactions: Ron burgundy
I think having the boot hatch, solid rear shelf, and no great gaping hole over the back wheels makes the saloon a far more balanced and neutral handling car. I've always thought the Jetta handled better than the Golf, even back to Mk2 variant, it's just the UK is a hatch market.

I think as a small saloon it looks about the best that VAG have made for some years. About time they made something where it didn't look like the boot of a different model car had been welded to the back end of a hatch.

Reactions: y2kcurran, S3Alex, Artimus and 1 other person
I think having the boot hatch, solid rear shelf, and no great gaping hole over the back wheels makes the saloon a far more balanced and neutral handling car. I've always thought the Jetta handled better than the Golf, even back to Mk2 variant, it's just the UK is a hatch market.

I think as a small saloon it looks about the best that VAG have made for some years. About time they made something where it didn't look like the boot of a different model car had been welded to the back end of a hatch.

Yeah it's a great looking car..

In regards to it being better balanced, your right but I don't think that will matter to most buyers unless they're looking to buy one and get lots of power out of it and track it as well as use it as a daily driver ..I may be wrong .

I just see this one, it looks coupish ( made that word up ) from this angle, it looks nice

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400246802268472

Reactions: warren_S5
If they'd have done a 2 door coupe version I'd have been very interested. As they didn't I was forced up to the '5'

Reactions: Ron burgundy
If they'd have done a 2 door coupe version I'd have been very interested. As they didn't I was forced up to the '5'

That's not the end of the world though is it, to be forced in to getting an S5..haah

Had my heart set on the older v8 07 RS4 but I've very recently decided to be painfully sensible as I'm having a baby now and the mrs will probably be driving it whilst I'm at work and I think it will be a bit to much for her and my pocket if ( she won't be going back to work and she's not long been driving ) she's driving around all day in it so I need to rethink about which audi to go for ..

Maybe audi should of done the 3/5 door hatch and a coupe version, and kept the saloon for the RS4..

Quite a few people compare the A3 saloon to the A4 now

Reactions: S3Alex
That's not the end of the world though is it, to be forced in to getting an S5..haah

Had my heart set on the older v8 07 RS4 but I've very recently decided to be painfully sensible as I'm having a baby now and the mrs will probably be driving it whilst I'm at work and I think it will be a bit to much for her and my pocket if ( she won't be going back to work and she's not long been driving ) she's driving around all day in it so I need to rethink about which audi to go for ..

V8 RS4 is still a lovely car,and has an exhaust note to die for(if you had to die for an exhaust note,that is).

Downside is thirst.

But then again,you could always try the argument that an RS4 Avant has plenty of room,lots of luggage space(need that for all the baby stuff),all the right bits inside.....I could go on and on....

Reactions: warren_S5 and Ron burgundy
I absolutely love the new A3 saloon. It is the same length as the old A4, and I loved the old RS4 too.

The new A3 saloon just looks right to me, and I have been itching for a small saloon since the A4 grew too much.

Reactions: y2kcurran, warren_S5 and Ron burgundy
V8 RS4 is still a lovely car,and has an exhaust note to die for(if you had to die for an exhaust note,that is).

Downside is thirst.

But then again,you could always try the argument that an RS4 Avant has plenty of room,lots of luggage space(need that for all the baby stuff),all the right bits inside.....I could go on and on....

Yes unfortunately I'm a sucker for a v8's exhaust note..

Just don't think it would be sensible of me to put a new driver in a RS4, although she isn't afraid of speed but I think that's what worry's me the most ha

No i think go for something new or 6 months old that's half decent on fuel but still has some decent poke and responds well to a remap if I decide to map it..

Reactions: S3Alex
Yes unfortunately I'm a sucker for a v8's exhaust note..

Just don't think it would be sensible of me to put a new driver in a RS4, although she isn't afraid of speed but I think that's what worry's me the most ha

No i think go for something new or 6 months old that's half decent on fuel but still has some decent poke and responds well to a remap if I decide to map it..

I heard a lovely one at AMD at their last RR day that I went to.....new Milltek exhaust,and a seriously good sound,just not overly powerful I'm afraid.

S5 would make a very nice family car I think.....

I heard a lovely one at AMD at their last RR day that I went to.....new Milltek exhaust,and a seriously good sound,just not overly powerful I'm afraid.

S5 would make a very nice family car I think.....

Yes they sound unreal with a decent exhaust that opens up the lungs..

Yes an s5 would make a nice family car ha

The RS4 would have enough power for me for everyday use I think.. I don't tend to modify my cars anymore really.. Maybe a remap and exhaust and I'm usually done , if I wanted something quicker I think I would look for something different straight out of the factory

I find modifying cars stressful now ha I can't handle it..

Reactions: itismebigd and S3Alex