Audi a3 struggling to start

Dame2576

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently had a starting problem with my Audi a3 s line 2.0tdi. It started a week or so ago and is intermittent. It will turn over for between 5-10 seconds before trying to start. It will then start but die pretty much straight the way, after three or four attempts at this the car will start and run fine. It does it weather the engine is hot or cold, and you could go on a two hour drive, turn it off and have the same problem or pop to the shop turn it off and it could start first time. I've changed the fuel filter thinking there could be a build up of crap blocking it, but still no joy. Cam belt and water pump were changed at 86k and it's now on 90k, weather that could of stretched. I've had a diagnostic check and no fault codes showing, but that was with a very basic scanner. Any ideas? Cheers

I think you would be best to get a full VCDS scan and see what that shows, then take it from there otherwise it's needle in a haystack time...

My old one was did the same if you the car on not turning over
Leave it then start ?

Mine was air in fuel
Need fuel pump sensor and relay as well in end

My old one was did the same if you the car on not turning over
Leave it then start ?

Mine was air in fuel
Need fuel pump sensor and relay as well in end

Do you remember if the relay was anything to do with the cruise control? That seems to have stopped working now. Thinking it could be linked.

Cheers

Nah not sure bud didnt really use it that much more thing I wanted was start you dam thing