Audi S3 2010 Radio volume adjusting itself!!!! up + down

scotty0boy20

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site! Just joined today.

I just got myself an Audi S3 60plate. Totally love the car apart from 1 thing. The volume on my radio keeps turning itself up and down without me touching it. Its driving me crazy and I only got the car yesterday!

I even took it into Audi today to see if they could fix it and they said I would need to book the car in. Not sure if there just trying to skin me a few pound or what.

I have looked all my settings on the head unit and cant find anything.

Has anyone else had this issue? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Welcome to the site.

Is the unit the RNS-E sat nav unit with Audi Navigation Plus written on it by any chance?

Reactions: scotty0boy20
I have same problem seems as though loads of us have. Doesnt bother me loads as it only does it as i start the car up and go and neger again surposivly it has something to do with having the bose speakers??

Yes that's the one A3Kent. How do I stop it ? What a stupid feature !!!!!! lol

To stop it you have to use VCDS to adjust coding. By fooling the system into thinking it's not the bots system the gala menu for speed sensitive sound adjustment becomes visible. However it does change the sound characteristics of the sound system and I'm not sure whether you should then have the pins in the rear connectors adjusted to compensate (eg the Bose amp wires).

In other words its worth putting up with because trying to sort it will give you more iof a headache lol

To stop it you have to use VCDS to adjust coding. By fooling the system into thinking it's not the bots system the gala menu for speed sensitive sound adjustment becomes visible. However it does change the sound characteristics of the sound system and I'm not sure whether you should then have the pins in the rear connectors adjusted to compensate (eg the Bose amp wires).

This is crazy! you would think Audi would have an update to fix this issue!! I'm also reading online that you can just disconnect the mic that's inside the car. Anyone heard of this or know where it is?? What a stupid system, really makes me want to punch my radio.lol

In other words its worth putting up with because trying to sort it will give you more iof a headache lol

Hahaha!!! i'm not sure I can deal with it!! I mean, I only got the car yesterday and iv spent most of the time searching online to see how to get rid of the AudioPilot. lol

I don't know if it uses the same mic as the phone, if it does you may have bigger issues.

To be honest I wonder who the f**k actually signs these systems off! but they're seriously flawed in a number of areas:

1) they turn on every time you start the ignition unless you 'hard' switch off the whole unit (to black screen)
2) 5 digit postcode (how long have cheapo units had 7 digit)
3) crap auto volume
4) seriously bad delay between button strokes
5) poor telephone functionality
6) no BT streaming audio capability
7) no ipod art
8) no touchscreen function

Whilst it looks nice and OEM on the outside, for the money it costs it's an embarrassment.

I tried it once but wasn't quite sure whether the sound improved or deteriorated: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/144104-s3-my12-panther-build-thread-end%3B-its-been-emotional-15.html#post1525582

I don't know if it uses the same mic as the phone, if it does you may have bigger issues.

To be honest I wonder who the f**k actually signs these systems off! but they're seriously flawed in a number of areas:

1) they turn on every time you start the ignition unless you 'hard' switch off the whole unit (to black screen)
2) 5 digit postcode (how long have cheapo units had 7 digit)
3) crap auto volume
4) seriously bad delay between button strokes
5) poor telephone functionality
6) no BT streaming audio capability
7) no ipod art
8) no touchscreen function

Whilst it looks nice and OEM on the outside, for the money it costs it's an embarrassment.

I tried it once but wasn't quite sure whether the sound improved or deteriorated: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/144104-s3-my12-panther-build-thread-end%3B-its-been-emotional-15.html#post1525582

Thanks for your help guys. Its going into Audi on Monday! Im sure this isn't the first time they have heard of this issue...Mega ******* me off.