hey guys

berty77

Reaction score
Got an Audi S3 2010 s tronic been remapped by apr with cat back milltek and vw racing closed induction kit, was wondering if i do the down pipe will it be a lot better ?

And also im looking for a brake upgrade what would you suggest ?

Thanks for your response

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move your post into the A3 8P section, you will get more advise in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: S3Alex
Got an Audi S3 2010 s tronic been remapped by apr with cat back milltek and vw racing closed induction kit, was wondering if i do the down pipe will it be a lot better ?

And also im looking for a brake upgrade what would you suggest ?

Thanks for your response

Hi Berty,and welcome.

The downpipe is worth doing,and will gain you a few bhp at Stg1,but progressively more at Stg 2 and above.
If you have plans to go further with the car,then it's definitely worth doing.

Brake kits.....the best people to speak to are DaveB1970(but be prepared for a wait as he is busy) and N8.

You have a choice from Brembo,RS kits,AP,Alcon,and others.

The prices range from around £1k to well over £3k if you wish to,but somewhere in between will give you a good result.

The stock brakes are heavy,and prone to fade,and my own opinion is that uprated pads such as EBC are a waste of time,as you won't get anywhere near the stopping power of a decent big brake kit.

My own setup is a mixture of VWRacing's calipers,AP rotors and Mintex 1155 pads.

I wouldn't recommend the VWR kit now,as I think there are better kits such as the AP or RS setups,and I also wouldn't neccessarily recommend pads such as the 1155's as these are more track oriented.
Beware of using Ferodo DS2500's heavily on track as they can and do overheat,and DaveB will be able to give you more info on the best pads to use.

Reactions: Sandra