Paint and wheel damage

Mike.

Reaction score
ImageImage

Hi.
The above two pictures are things I have noticed on my car the last few times I have washed the car. The wheel looks like abit of corrosion, bit not sure. What whorls you guys/girls suggest? The car is on a 60 plate so is out of warranty.
Thanks mike

Looks like where you've suffered a stone chip and it's taken the top of the lacquer off.......... I'd be amazed if anyone would do anything under any warranty.

If it were me I'd clean the area as best as possible and brush in a very minimal amount of MATT LACQUER so that they area doesn't worsen with the weather or if it were to be caught pressure washing etc.

As the wheels are diamond cut on the edges they can be repaired but really only a couple of times so for that damage I'd be hesitant to have it done for now.

Hope that all makes sense pal......

Yes I thought might be a stone chip. But the position of it is unusual (sorry didn't mention in first post) the position of the paint damage is on the pillar that runs up along side the windscreen, and is just under half way up.
With the alloys I was thinking of refurb soon anyway.
Thanks for the help mate

Sorry pal thought both were on the alloy...

If you can send the wheels for a refurb search for N8 on here, the rotors are a pig to refurb but he's got a lot of good feedback for doing them.

Unless you go over Manchester way at all and you could drop it off........ Don't tell my Mrs but when I need my wheels doing I think I'll book flights from Manchester, drop the car to get the wheels done and collect it on return, best of both worlds :yes:

Ye it's just above the wing mirror and feels quite deep, and looks like gone through to metal underneath it. Would anyone say to get that part of the body resprayed? Or use chips away?

If you can see that picture, it just shows the locations of the paint damage. Thanks

I can see the area now, looks more like a silver bit of trim in the picture attached before.

I hear various reports on chip away but doing a bit of a search on here for good body shops local to you should help.

If it's only small you could just get a touch up pen initially and see how it fills. If you do that make sure any rust is out before putting any paint over the top. Add a small amount, I'd use a cocktail stick just to drop a small ball point pen size amount in. Allow it to dry and then do it again if it's needed, once your as happy as can be add a little lacquer to seal it in.

I did see this on the detailing section, never used it but scroll down and watch the video

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/209163-chipex.html

Hope I've been of some use buddy

Last edited: