Radio turns up by itself

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
Not read up on it but when i turn my car on and start to go my radio seems to higher up slightly, i thinl its because it may have like a ambient sound thing like once the engine make more noise the radio highers itself up to hear over engine noise. Am i correct? If so is there anyways of turning it off slightly anoying having to turn it down everytime i get in it? I knows its simple to do but would rather not have to.

Cheers

You got Bose and RNSE? If so then you're screwed! Do a search on this forum for audiopilot.

If not, then tweak the GALA settings.

HTH.

I have the same thing the bass gets loud after a few seconds after starting with the combo

You got Bose and RNSE? If so then you're screwed! Do a search on this forum for audiopilot.

If not, then tweak the GALA settings.

HTH.
yh i have bose and rnse mate :/ what does this mean then? Is it a wiring fault that can be sorted with diagnostic check?

Anyone else have this problem??

Gala is when the noise increases the radio turns itself up to compensate.

Reactions: Sprintblu3
Gala is when the noise increases the radio turns itself up to compensate.
Okay cheers so theres not actually a problem/fault its just something that needs tweekig in the settings? Ill take a look in the manual when i get time

And what are gala settings?

If you have Bose and RNSE then you won't have Gala and it's not something that can be turned off via a menu or VCDS - you have to modify the amp wiring. It's starting to annoy me slightly, but found that it's less of an issue if the volume is turned up!

Audi can shove their auto volume stuff up their bum. I have Bose and 6cd double din thing and the volume is always trying to guess ambient noise, and always wrong.

Audi can shove their auto volume stuff up their bum. I have Bose and 6cd double din thing and the volume is always trying to guess ambient noise, and always wrong.

Go into the menu and turn it of then ;)

I press the menu then it's there or under another sub menu

I guess you have a mk1 RNSE? The later LED version doesn't have this menu option and it can't be disabled even via VCDS or the engineering mode mentioned above.

Now i have this double din
SAM_0378_zps3c68001d.jpg

not a3 but a4 b7

i have pioneer double din satnav and the volume seems to change around 40, more noticeable when you drop below 40 it seems to turn itself down.

i thought these settings were in the original headunit?

i have bose too by the way with a connect2 car kit