Audi paint warranty on rear bumper

DBoniface

Reaction score
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone has had experience before of this basically I have an o7 plate a3 in lava grey and on my rear bumper where the bumper strips attached I can see a bit of laquer peel.

Would this be covered under the warranty?

Regards
Dan

Are you sure the bumper paint was not touched up?

Nope nothing has been done, I do need work done to it as I reversed into a car but the is on the other side so doesn't affect and don't want that sprayed until I know

Dan

Not a chance, 7 years old & lacquer peel, they will show you a reason why its done this, just get it sorted yourself.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
i though it was only really to cover bubbling paint and corrosion with the 12 year guarantee but thats still hard to get as you have to prove its rusted inside out which should be impossible in theory

I wonder if they would spray the side that has the lacquer peel and leave the side that was damaged? Lol
I doubt it's worth wasting ur time trying to get Audi to do it.
I feel for u bud the mrs reversed my bumper into a wall, luckily not at speed.
£250 quid plus VAT (£300) to fix it for me, bearing in mind not much paint shops here so not as cheap as I'd liked but a fantastic job so alls good :)

Hi,

Your paintwork warranty is for 3 years only, the only warranty left on your car is the anti-perforation warranty (not anti-corrosion) which you'll never see, best off getting a decent local garage to sort it out,