Turbo howl (coooing noise) for a3 2.0 tdi 140

A3 2.0 tdi sport

Reaction score
Hey everyone, can anyone tell me how to make the turbo howl louder? I've just fitted a catback system which has improved it a bit, but want it to be louder and more noticeable, is there a simple way of doing it? Thanks.

I was going to get a decat but I think it sounds too rough and noisy, the catbacks given it a lot more poke which I'm satisfied with and it sounds decent too, but I want the turbo howl louder if that's possible? Or is decat the only way?

What downpipe you got? When I looked they all seemed really expensive, cheapest been like £170, you know of any cheaper?

Okay we'll cheers for the help mate. But one more thing lol, do you know if an induction kit would make difference to turbo noise? Say like a piper cross panel filter?

ive just deleated all my egr cooler out the engine and there is definatly more howl from mine not that i wanted that though

wait a minute loool my car makes a howling noise when i press on the accelerator i thought that was the turbo going ? videos please guys loool

You can always rev it hard and push the engine until the limit. Do this for a couple of days and you'll get a turbo siren eventually, it will howl like insane.

There is one downside though...

:D

Sorry, had to do it.

Reactions: Sayam
buy a 1.9 tdi they do it better lol ......