2009 RNS-E coding problem 'Equipment number is invalid'

VAG_BADGER

Ricers in the rear view!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Tried to code an option out of an RNS-E fitted in my S3 as it came with it retrofitted but they failed to uncheck bluetooth etc which my car didn't have so flagged errors. Wouldn't let me code it as it kept coming up with 'Equipment number is invalid'. The equipment number in the lower box was 99999?! Changed this to a random number (27127) and it coded ok. Wondering what I did by doing this? Thanks!

Great link, thanks!

As you can see by both my posts, I had a play with My S3 and Dad's A4 last night ha!! I know who to PM with any coding queries from now on! I was going to PM you about the adaptive lamps retrofit but they'd gone!

Managed to put the S3 slash screen on the RNS and enable coming home lights on the S3. Was proud of myself ha!

I can still supply/fit adaptives if you really wanted them :)

Reactions: VAG_BADGER
I can still supply/fit adaptives if you really wanted them :)

Ha I'd love them. Going to be cheaper to wait for a N/S standard DRL xenon I think ha! May end up swallowing at TPS - £267 + VAT. Can't believe how scarce they are now, I repaired a 09 Black Edition 2 years ago and they were 10 a penny off eBay. Got 2 mint ones on auction, £50 & £74! Can't buy them for love nor money now, If I was repairing an 8V it would have been easy with all the bits about lol!

That's a good price for 1 headlight, but the ones on ebay that were about a fair bit some time ago, were lhd mostly & some tw4t selling them of as rhd, ****** of a few of my clients that's for sure.

That's a good price for 1 headlight, but the ones on ebay that were about a fair bit some time ago, were lhd mostly & some tw4t selling them of as rhd, ****** of a few of my clients that's for sure.

Yeah I did read about that on one of the forums. I got lucky as they were RHD ones. Where about's are you based? I presume you could offer a Bluetooth retrofit for the RNS-E (2009), the only thing I'm missing now.

Yeap I sure can & fit it in Sheffield aswell, ping me a PM :)