Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JD007F
  • 1 Post By Tomwebb

Thread: Rns-e discs???

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel

Rns-e discs???

Hi guys!!

I currently have a 2011 disc in my sat nav if I got the 2013 one would I notice any difference.

Many thanks James.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sportback owner

Status
    James, some of the 2012/2013 disks have had additional point-of-interest included such as speed traps. Most comments I have seen don't think this is very useful. Otherwise, you may see some slight changes where new roads have been added, but only if you are on that particular map area. I have both 2011 and 2012/3 disks, and so far have not noticed any difference. Perhaps where I live there have not been any major changes.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldy212 View Post
    James, some of the 2012/2013 disks have had additional point-of-interest included such as speed traps. Most comments I have seen don't think this is very useful. Otherwise, you may see some slight changes where new roads have been added, but only if you are on that particular map area. I have both 2011 and 2012/3 disks, and so far have not noticed any difference. Perhaps where I live there have not been any major changes.
    Hi Geraldy,

Thanks for your reply! Speed traps /cameras are always handy if they have them on there I thought I would ask as my friend who works at Audi said they had got a load sat around and they are selling them at £10 a piece and I thought that was a good price compared to normal prices for them!!

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD007F View Post
    my friend who works at Audi said they had got a load sat around and they are selling them at £10 a piece and I thought that was a good price compared to normal prices for them!!
    If they are Genuine Audi discs at that price I would definitely get 1, or maybe more than 1.
    Audi A3 Sline 170 2.0 TDI

Mods Done
    -
    RNS-E mkII fitted, Tinted Repeaters, Center Armrest,
    LED Interior Lights, Cruise Control, LED Number Plate Lights,
    VW fan windshield washers, S3 Pedals, Metal Footrest,
    DPF & EGR delete, Unicorn Remap, De-badged the tailgate.

With DPF Without DPF

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by coxy8329 View Post
    If they are Genuine Audi discs at that price I would definitely get 1, or maybe more than 1.
    Well I'm guessing they are genuine as he works at Audi!! But how could I tell long the disc goes in and works i guess it would e genuine! He said one per person as otherwise audi would be bit funny apparently lol.

Neutral

Status
    How would I update my sat nav to the latest version its currently running the 2008 dvd.

Different Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emznjav View Post
    How would I update my sat nav to the latest version its currently running the 2008 dvd.
    By buying the latest 2013 maps DVD
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

Neutral

Status
    How much are the Maps Disc? Whats the actual procedure in getting them updated? I read on the forum that some need VCDs to get the cd unlocked for it to eject others said you press the button next to the power and hold it for eject.
    ''With great power comes Great RESPONSIBILITY'' - Spidermans Uncle

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    PM me if anyone wants a fully working 2013 disc.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

That's cool guys well seem like quit a few of us would like to update our sat navs as far as I know u eject the disc and enter the new one and follow the instructions on the screen lol.

Cheers
    KrAzY K likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Yess thats what i believed until others found it complicated to eject the disc lol

Is the Sat nav DVD locked in to the RNS-E as it wont eject!
    ''With great power comes Great RESPONSIBILITY'' - Spidermans Uncle

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I've never had that problem as when I first got my a3 I thought u could use it as the CD player as I was simple a the time haha. But press the button and out it comes lol.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    if he works at audi and there selling for 10 each ill have everyone hes got and ill pay £20 each

4th Gear

Status
    I've never had that problem as when I first got my a3 I thought u could use it as the CD player as I was simple a the time haha. But press the button and out it comes lol.
    You can! Just not at the same time as the sat-nav.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by fangio View Post
    You can! Just not at the same time as the sat-nav.
    Oh rite I see I didn't think I could play a cd in it I might try and see lol.

He said your only allowed one per person that's what the guys said and he said it doesn't come In the original DVD box its just the disc!!!

Stop me

Status
    Didn't know the new systems are locked lol, I eject mine all the time to use the cd player
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors

A3 2.0 tdi s line 170

Status
    I've still got a 2006 DVD in mine, is there much difference to the look off the new maps? I want a new disk... How much are they?

Bird is the Word!

Status
    The new maps won't look that much different but you will get the TMC / dynamic navigation update which is a big plus. The discs from Audi are around the £200 mark I think
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

A3 2.0 tdi s line 170

Status
    Can you explain tmc/dynamic? £200!!!! No chance, can't we just duplicate one??

Bird is the Word!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomwebb View Post
    It gets the readings from traffic monitoring cameras on motorways etc somehow (I think its embedded in the radio signal)

If there's a traffic jam ahead on your nav route it will calculate an alternative route and, if quicker, will automatically redirect you. I've found it quite useful and accurate in the times I've used it
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

A3 2.0 tdi s line 170

Status
    Ah ok! I use my iPhones google maps and waze, the rnse is just if I'm bored and can see a short cut, plus it's a show off lol I'd like the new maps but for £200 I'm not even tempted, sorry audi your sticking to 7 year old maps. Audi being so great should just allow the users free updates!
    fangio likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    By buying the latest 2013 maps DVD
    Yes I know but is it as simple as inserting the dvd into the system and let it update automatically?

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Tomwebb View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean there just like burning copy DVDs in a way URL have to wait and see if anyone knows of this idea lol. I'm sure on eBay ppl would sell copy ones at a cheaper price what they are like I don't know lol.

Different Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emznjav View Post
    Yes I know but is it as simple as inserting the dvd into the system and let it update automatically?
    Yes. The DVD has the latest maps and is constantly being read. It's not uploaded to the memory of the RNS-E.

You'll get a software update when you insert it but you'll probably notice no difference at all to the way the RNSE functions.
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

Different Gear

Status
    Yeah I know what you mean there just like burning copy DVDs in a way URL have to wait and see if anyone knows of this idea lol. I'm sure on eBay ppl would sell copy ones at a cheaper price what they are like I don't know lol.
    You'll get told off by admin for talking about counterfeiting of these DVD's, like many others before.

Status
    How much to have RNSE installed or as an option ? Two hundred quid for the software to help run it is about right.
    How much do you pay for a windows disc when buying a pc then virus protection ?
    I am all for saving money but do it legally,personally I would wait for a member to sell an older version if I couldn't afford it.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    You'll get told off by admin for talking about counterfeiting of these DVD's, like many others before.
    Ooo sorry didn't realise u weren't allowed to talk about it! Sorry guys

Stop me

Status
    N8 says he sells the latest discs for MUCH cheaper than £200...drop him a msg?
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors