~ BLUETOOTH ECHO PROBLEM WE CANT SEEM TO RESOLVE ~

Chris Coates

Reaction score
Hi everyone, here is my problem in detail with my bluetooth in my A3 2010 2.0 TDI.

I have factory fitted bluetooth in my car and worked very well and my friends always commented how clear and clear the sound was, then i retrofitted the latest RNSE as my Bluetooth was still crisp and clear and clean sounding, how ever a few months ago i had a professional sound system put in, ( Dynaudio front speakers, Dynaudio Sub in custom box and 2 focal amps and an audison bit one processor, and this is when my bluetooth sound turned to crap being really echo sounding to the person on the other end of the call, we cant seem to nut out the problem, coding is all good, the sound system it self sounds amazing, all cabling is fine, my sound installer has done similar installs in lambo's and other audi's and golfs (so similar cars) but no matter what we do with the microphone we still get echo and feedback, any suggestions at all would be appreciated, we where thinking an updated BT module but we cant easly get a hold of one to try, so i would buy one if it would help if there more updated then one in my current setup,

has anyone else eva encounter such a problem? very frustrating :(

Could it be that the main power cable to/from the amps is not correctly shielded and is near to the bluetooth module/mic cable etc? or not routed far enough away.

Turn the mic volume down in VCDS, it's picking up the sound from the speakers.

I'm not sure where, but I know I've seen the option in an "Adaptation" drop down list. Turned mine right down, as I have BT built-in to a 3rd party Head Unit and no longer use the Audi Prep.

Wait one ...I'm going out to have a look.

Telephone:
Telephone Adaptation

Adaptation:
Call Volume

Might be the "Sensitivity", one of those should quieten it.

Last edited: