Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 51 of 51
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Rns-e retrofit cost?

  1. #41
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    its all about transparency i guess if one trader is charging lets say 500 for a job and another 350 then you have a rough idea

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Dannykn9's Avatar
    "Cruise My Ride"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    1,108
    Guys, I really don't see what the problem is keeping prices private.
    Prices will vary no matter about distance, for example lets say Cruise control costs x amount and someone is up on Scotland so will cost an extra X amout for travel/diesel etc, so one person has got there quote. Now on another instance, someone might want a job quoting for and the installer may already be near that area so will only charge a small amount for the extra miles.

    So two people in Glasgow have quoted from installer down south, 1st gets quoted say £300 because that trip is made specially, 2nd gets quoted £200 because installer is already near by so does not feel the need to charge more than miles driven.

    Now both people from Glasgow put there quotes on here of £300 and £200 from the same installer for the same job. Now I feel a big argument coming on from the 2nd person and others on the site, and now the installer has to explain why the prices are different, which in fairness they shouldn't.

    This is why it is best to keep prices quoted private, as each quote can vary for different reasons. As said, it is not hard to send a PM for a quote, shop around, then decide.

    But one thing for sure for using an installer from this site, is you know you are going to get quality work and you can read all the feedback you want on them, right here by hundreds of happy customers. Also not to forget all the free help and advice you also get from installers here on this great forum.

    ATB
    Sandra and leeds2592 like this.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"


  4. #43
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14
    Well we certainly had some good debate on here again something that I personally believe is healthy and in the spirit of on-line communities
    My opinion stands though that I am less concerned about people communication over prices in private and more concerned that overall traders costs are encouraged to be private, if that makes sense ....
    I just think that the community is all about sharing and if someone chooses to share that's great unless there is a specific forum rule that forbids the publishing of the traders rates.

  5. #44
    Dannykn9's Avatar
    "Cruise My Ride"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    1,108
    Your well and truly entitled to your opinion mate, but at the same time, all we ask is to respect what we are asking. As said, as well as being installers and and some which are site sponsors, we are also here on this site to help others. You will find hundreds of posts here and thousands in some cases of us helping and giving free advice and in some cases spending hours on the phone to a forum member to resolve their issue.
    Suppose we should start charging for for this help too, especially the phone calls? But we won't and never will do as that is not what we are about here, and are happy to help when we can. But again, all we ask is to keep prices private, and if anyone wants a quote, then please give the relevant installer a PM who will be more than happy to quote.

    Thanks again.
    Sandra likes this.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"


  6. #45
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannykn9 View Post
    Your well and truly entitled to your opinion mate, but at the same time, all we ask is to respect what we are asking. As said, as well as being installers and and some which are site sponsors, we are also here on this site to help others. You will find hundreds of posts here and thousands in some cases of us helping and giving free advice and in some cases spending hours on the phone to a forum member to resolve their issue.
    Suppose we should start charging for for this help too, especially the phone calls? But we won't and never will do as that is not what we are about here, and are happy to help when we can. But again, all we ask is to keep prices private, and if anyone wants a quote, then please give the relevant installer a PM who will be more than happy to quote.

    Thanks again.

    and thats why it should be kept to PM or phone calls.
    Dannykn9 likes this.

  7. #46
    alexi77's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    82
    Use Nigel, he is the best,excellent professional work. He has worked on both my sons and my cars. He starts early so make him some breakfast and he will perform miracles.
    jdp1962, NHN and Sandra like this.

  8. #47
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,483
    For the final time, the subject of financial arrangement between the two parties should be discussed through private messaging. Please read the rule below which is relevant to this matter.


    (5) Commercial trading on*Audi-Sport.net*is permitted only by authorised partner companies. Commercial content submitted outside this condition is liable to be deleted and sanctions are likely to be imposed on the offending account. Private trading (between individuals) must only be conducted within the Classifieds section of the site or via private message.
    NHN likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  9. #48
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Seems quite shady how this rule stands In my opinion :thumbdown:

    Yet there's no actual explanation why this rule exists other then what's been said earlier but that still doesn't explain it seems like we're getting told to pretty much shut up and conform

  10. #49
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    Seems quite shady how this rule stands In my opinion :thumbdown:

    Yet there's no actual explanation why this rule exists other then what's been said earlier but that still doesn't explain it seems like we're getting told to pretty much shut up and conform
    When you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules,if you had a problem with them then you should not have signed up.

    The explanation could be that we do not want the forum swamped with selling threads,as for prices we do not want bidding wars on the forum,this rule has stood since I joined and we have not done too bad 70k plus members.

    I think if the prices are too high then give it a go yourself or better still go to the dealers and price it up
    NHN, Sandra, Brodster and 1 others like this.

  11. #50
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    When you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules,if you had a problem with them then you should not have signed up.

    The explanation could be that we do not want the forum swamped with selling threads,as for prices we do not want bidding wars on the forum,this rule has stood since I joined and we have not done too bad 70k plus members.

    I think if the prices are too high then give it a go yourself or better still go to the dealers and price it up
    Yes as many members don't agree with the rules but following them I will:thumbup:

    As for fitting bits myself I do anyway used to work for sextons for many years and owned my own shop for 5 years ontop of that so am pretty experienced in this field so won't bee needing any assistance but will offer it for Free of required :thumbup:
    voorhees and leecool like this.

  12. #51
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    Yes as many members don't agree with the rules but following them I will:thumbup:

    As for fitting bits myself I do anyway used to work for sextons for many years and owned my own shop for 5 years ontop of that so am pretty experienced in this field so won't bee needing any assistance but will offer it for Free of required :thumbup:
    Good man
    Yolo_8p3 likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. RNS-E retrofit
    By Olly_K in forum Satellite Navigation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th February 2014, 21:55
  2. RNS-E retrofit for TT
    By bigmike31687 in forum TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st December 2007, 07:56
  3. RNS-E Retrofit - finishing up
    By jvbates in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th March 2007, 20:03
  4. RNS-E Retrofit
    By J4ke in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd January 2007, 19:50
  5. RNS-E Retrofit questions?? Suppliers etc?
    By Beddie in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th December 2006, 21:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO