EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MacrosTheBlack

Thread: Oh Dear, Audi Approved Body Shop?!!!

1st Gear

Status

Oh Dear, Audi Approved Body Shop?!!!

Being in the business that I'm in (Paintless Dent Removal), I was dreading my A3 going in for a small bodywork warranty repair on the tailgate. When I got it back next day, I thought they'd done a good job, only later to find overspray on the passenger door, I couldn't see it as the car hadn't been cleaned, but I could feel it. Never mind I thought, it's going to be detailed at the weekend. Unfortunately after clay barring and mopping it was concluded that this was baked on clear coat covering the whole side of the car including the glass, which has now had a day and a half spent on it cleaning and applying six coats of Zymol. It was concluded by the detailer that it now needed wet flatting to remove it, however, I'm not sure about the glass, thinners won't shift it.

I went back to the dealer where the body shop agent was available to take a look, only to crouch down and try to find an excuse for it not being overspray. No apology or "Sorry Sir, we'll get this sorted ASAP", just "someone will call you to arrange a time when a courtesy car is available"

My detailer has offered to do this FOC, and as I can only imagine this bodyshop grinding the hell out of my paintwork with the toughest compound they can find and splattering it all over my otherwise mint clean car, I think I'll opt for the better solution where my car will at least be how it should be.

If only the Audi approved bodyshop were actually up to doing a job properly!! What's wrong with people these days? :evil:

Last edited by soulsurfer; 16th June 2013 at 10:17.
    Ask admin to advertise here

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Sorry to hear about the bad paint job.

Zymol is awesome, only got some the other day and its made my Ibis white S3 properly white again!

I didnt even try hard with it, just slapped it on then rubbed it off.

Very recommended, + it smells good.

P.S name and shame this bodyshop and dealer please, so others can be warned.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Strangely, after leaving only one message from the bodyshop, they never followed that up to see what I wanted to do, now tht good customer service.... :roll:
    Last edited by soulsurfer; 23rd July 2013 at 18:35.

4th Gear

Status
    Be careful naming and shaming, no doubt ull get a call from audi saying uve slandered them. Bare in mind they have ur car too
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Be careful naming and shaming, no doubt ull get a call from audi saying uve slandered them. Bare in mind they have ur car too
    Edited my post out of discretion, but I live in Gillingham Kent, so work it out for yourselves. However, they don't have my car, but I don't understand what difference it would make if they did :-?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    Edited my post out of discretion, but I live in Gillingham Kent, so work it out for yourselves. However, they don't have my car, but I don't understand what difference it would make if they did :-?
    Imagine u had someones car and u was doing work on it, then u found out afterwards that said person was slandering u online on a forum. Would u still do ur best on that car?
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    VCDS User

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Imagine u had someones car and u was doing work on it, then u found out afterwards that said person was slandering u online on a forum. Would u still do ur best on that car?
    Oh come on, be serious, we're talking Audi Main Dealer, not some back street garage, do you really thing anyone there really gives a toss about what I say about their place of work so much to affect the quality of work they carry out on a customer car, get a grip it won't make a blind bit of difference. Mr Audi must be shaking in his boots!

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Mike,

Just thought I'd add some advice on this. You might already use them, but in case you're not aware KDS Detailing over near Gillingham station and Lepson alloy wheel refurbishment are fantastic detailers and could definitely correct the overspray issue to your 100% satisfaction. I've used them a few times in the past and they are passionate about their work and couldn't recommend them enough.

If you get a detailer to correct I'd present the Audi dealership with the bill as their bodyshop caused the problem in the first place with a poor warranty repair. Good luck!
    Sandra and RedDejavu like this.
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    Oh come on, be serious, we're talking Audi Main Dealer, not some back street garage, do you really thing anyone there really gives a toss about what I say about their place of work so much to affect the quality of work they carry out on a customer car, get a grip it won't make a blind bit of difference. Mr Audi must be shaking in his boots!
    Had a previous run in with my local audi mate, and after a writing a thread on here about them i received a call with threats of legal action and i ended up with a car worse off than when it went in.
    VCDS User

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post
    Hey Mike,

Just thought I'd add some advice on this. You might already use them, but in case you're not aware KDS Detailing over near Gillingham station and Lepson alloy wheel refurbishment are fantastic detailers and could definitely correct the overspray issue to your 100% satisfaction. I've used them a few times in the past and they are passionate about their work and couldn't recommend them enough.

If you get a detailer to correct I'd present the Audi dealership with the bill as their bodyshop caused the problem in the first place with a poor warranty repair. Good luck!
    Thanks Simon, yes I know Kelly, and his dad, Mel (MCC) who's next door, and my personal choice of technicians for anything other than warranty stuff, very knowledgeable ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    I have raised this issue before where people think that if they take the car to an audi bodyshop the job will be better than a normal bodyshop but at the end of the day these people all do mostly the same courses from the beginning of there career to the end,audi painters are no better than any other painter,audi panel repairers are no better than any other panel repairers and thats why a lot of the time the wont get used by insurance companies because they do the same job with a major uprated labour rate.

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil76 View Post
    I have raised this issue before where people think that if they take the car to an audi bodyshop the job will be better than a normal bodyshop but at the end of the day these people all do mostly the same courses from the beginning of there career to the end,audi painters are no better than any other painter,audi panel repairers are no better than any other panel repairers and thats why a lot of the time the wont get used by insurance companies because they do the same job with a major uprated labour rate.
    Agreed, I was under no illusion, I'm in the trade, they knew it, plus I told them I was fussy; however our hands are tied when it's a warranty repair :-(

1st Gear

Status
    Please don't say stuff like this. Mine is in an Audi body repair shop as we speak 😟 and no it wasn't my choice.