audi key fob transponder

dallo

Reaction score
I need a new key and key fob can I buy a used one from ebay and have it reprogramed to my car or do I have to buy new?

Ok whats up with yours or do you need a spare?

Then personally I would get new from audi as ebay ones are not reusable without new transponders & there also is a risk of copying of keys, which for me is not secure.

Yeah but TPS don't code them in.

Not without specific codes, just go to audi, less headaches, what's years the car as if its the older style fob, you could upgrade to the newer 05 onwards version, check my threads for this info.

Not without specific codes, just go to audi, less headaches, what's years the car as if its the older style fob, you could upgrade to the newer 05 onwards version, check my threads for this info.
2006 a3

So its the newer style anyway, £120 is a good price, call that £200 approx. with coding.

You have pm, if you would like me to help you let me know, otherwise try pete wilson auto electrics, he's based in Mansfield, has very good equipment for vag cars, and is reasonably priced. Probably better to let the garage supply the key they intend to program though imo.

I was 135 quid for the spare key from the garage I bought the car from. And audi charged 55 quid for coding it. Worth asking if they need ur V5 as well if uv just bought the car :)

You will always need your V5, proof of address & passport/license at anytime security work is done on the car, its a prerequisite by VAG these days.