Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Do you have a bkd engine?

Does your car make a subtle cricket sound with the windows down and the radio off when driving down the road? Sounds like its coming from the turbo aria?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Cricket? As in the insect? Like a clicking?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes it sounds like a verry faint cricket noise when driving with the window open and the radio off you can just hear it! More so when passing cars or buildings. Of if you rev the engine a little and let the throttle off you can here like a kinda rattley noise! Abit like a pully bearing noise!

6+1 Gears

Status
    Nope. But I hear a hissing noise which turned to be a split hose between the turbo and intercooler.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ade6 View Post
    Yes it sounds like a verry faint cricket noise when driving with the window open and the radio off you can just hear it! More so when passing cars or buildings. Of if you rev the engine a little and let the throttle off you can here like a kinda rattley noise! Abit like a pully bearing noise!
    might just be along the lines of that, probably an alternator belt or something?!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like that but its the same when the aux belt is off! So that eliminates any chance of those. It could be the sound of air escaping somewere maybe? It goes away when i pull the pipe off the actuator and rev it.

5th Gear

Status
    I get your rattle noise on release of throttle as it comes back down to around 1k-1.2k rpm I suspect it's my DMF

English...not so good

Status
    Yes I used to get this as well, I had it for quite a while but ignored it. After a waterpump and cambelt change, it just went away. Don't know what they messed around with in there, but free fix

1st Gear

Status
    It sounds like its coming from the rear by the turbo and goes when the actuator pipe is pulled off. Its had a waterpump and cambelt too! But still the same noise.