disc and pad combinations .. any recommendations ?

daz.h

Reaction score
audi A3 1.9TDI 07 plate, discs have got a fair bit of wear on them and pads are down to around a quarter, so i'm going to get them all changed.
just wondering if any one has some good recommendations as what to get and from whom.
i intend to do the fronts and rears.

ideally i'd like some groved type, purely for the looks.
cheers,
daz

Eurocarparts stock Pagid discs and pads - not grooved discs but you can get 20% off currently with the promo code on their home page. www.eurocarparts.com

audi A3 1.9TDI 07 plate, discs have got a fair bit of wear on them and pads are down to around a quarter, so i'm going to get them all changed.
just wondering if any one has some good recommendations as what to get and from whom.
i intend to do the fronts and rears.

ideally i'd like some groved type, purely for the looks.
cheers,
daz

This will all depend on what you are willing to spend.As for me I,ve used EBC uprated pads and disc with groove for the past 3years with no problems at all but there will be a few who hate EBC brakes.You could also look at MTEC who do grooved and dimpled discs but don,'t use drilled if possable as they are prone to cracking outwards from the holes.

This will all depend on what you are willing to spend.As for me I,ve used EBC uprated pads and disc with groove for the past 3years with no problems at all but there will be a few who hate EBC brakes.You could also look at MTEC who do grooved and dimpled discs but don,'t use drilled if possable as they are prone to cracking outwards from the holes.

The one problem with grooved discs is they stand out to insurance assessors - goodness only knows whether they class them as a modification, but since they are different to factory, I guess they are :(

Yes they are class as a modification and you should inform your insurance company just in case.

cheers guys, ive not used ebc discs, but several years ago i had some green stuff pads, they were so hard they ended up warping the 4x4 cosworth discs i was using, so naturally i'm very reluctant to use anything ebc.

theres a co on ebay doing brembo discs and pads sets cheap brembo are usually extremeky high quality stuff