24 hours to go..

cosmicblue

Reaction score
Between 9 and 10am tomorrow morning is promised delivery time. I have loaded up a 1Gb SD memory card with 14 CDs worth of music and we are ready to roll.

Does anyone else do that? I always have a CD that needs to go in the car for the first drive!

Think I may have a bit of Kanye West this time round

Yep, I had Daft Punk Discovery last time. Full volume!!!!

It will be a bit of Eric Clapton for me - well quite a lot actually!

Bonobo for me. Can't help but think of when I first got the car each time I hear it. Funny how certain music reminds you so strongly of certain times and events.

Rattle and hum

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rattle and hum

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

It was a wee bit of a dig at my rattly car there,sorry.

I gathered Bowfer - however it was good of you to get into the spirit!

I take that your A3 is a company vehicle (otherwise you would have moved it on I guess?

Yeah,company car.
They have their plus points and their minus points.

Forgot to take a CD with me when I picked up the car last week and wasn't that impressed with BOSE when listening to the radio... but the next day I popped in JT Donaldson San Fran Sessions CD and wow....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I must be the only one that drives in near silence for a few days after picking up a new car.
I don't know what it is,but it usually takes me a while to get around to blasting music.
I suppose I like to get used to a car's 'ambience' before covering it up with music.
Now that I've had it a while,the volume's hardly ever below 15.
Missus is always moaning that I don't hear my phone.

Well I'll be the same this time round - company motor on a 3 year lease/95,000 miles.

I test drove a 3 door A3 Tdi/DSG a couple of years back before I got my Cabrio and was really impressed.

I'm kind of saddened that you had the grief - was yours an early car with loads of teething problems or just a 'bad car' full stop?

drove with no music for the first day just hear the lovely V6.

damm i'm missing my car, have to drive a TDI in the meantime.

migzy

Thanks TDi-Line.

Well the hire car (Vectra - was OK actually) is clean (ish) full of fuel and awaiting collection. The delivery is supposed to be between 9am and 10am....

Of course it is tipping it down this morning so any photos will have to wait until the weekend.

It arrived at 8.30, driven here by the delivery driver - so 121 miles on the clock - looks just like the one I ordered too.

So far I have just stuck the SD Card with my MP3s on in the Nav slot and parked it in our multi-story car park.

I did note that the Xenon headlamps I ordered are of the Bi-Xenon variety (good news!).

Cool.. Hope you'll be happy...
Didn't realise that the DVD Nav system had a SD slot. How cool is that! The way forward I think!
H
PS Pic?????!??!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'll be the same this time round - company motor on a 3 year lease/95,000 miles.

I test drove a 3 door A3 Tdi/DSG a couple of years back before I got my Cabrio and was really impressed.

I'm kind of saddened that you had the grief - was yours an early car with loads of teething problems or just a 'bad car' full stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest,if it wasn't for the DSG gearbox I'd probably be more willing to forgive the car it's other 'faults'.

Unfortunately my,well documented /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif,dislike of the DSG box (which we won't go into again,I promise) tends to exacerbate other things.

You know what it's like.You find something that annoys you about a new girlfriend and,all of a sudden,you notice every little thing ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cool.. Hope you'll be happy...
Didn't realise that the DVD Nav system had a SD slot. How cool is that! The way forward I think!
H
PS Pic?????!??!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

2 SD slots actually - if you work on 16 CDs worth of MP3s at 128kbps for a 1Gb card - so 32 CDs worth in total - you can see how lame the value of the £320 6 disc changer looks.

God you can can't you... How much was the DVD Nav system then?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest,if it wasn't for the DSG gearbox I'd probably be more willing to forgive the car it's other 'faults'.

Unfortunately my,well documented /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif,dislike of the DSG box (which we won't go into again,I promise) tends to exacerbate other things.

You know what it's like.You find something that annoys you about a new girlfriend and,all of a sudden,you notice every little thing ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowfer - understand that one all too well, my A4 Cab was far from perfect and some bits got very annoying of the 25,500 miles and just less than a year of ownership.

The DSG idea is a really good example of marketing really over-egging an Automatic transmission as being something it clearly isn't. I remember all the hype about 'launch control', F1 style being standard - in the end only the 3.2 vehicles got it (and it wasn't that good either).

[ QUOTE ]
God you can can't you... How much was the DVD Nav system then?

[/ QUOTE ]

About £2500! The Nav is good, I had it in my Cab and really, really missed it when I sold it.

The Nav is fast - if you make a wrong turning it recalculates in seconds, the radio side is brilliant, automatically tuning into all of the available stations wherever you are in the country. If you have a telephone installed that integration is impressive. Sat Nav Plus isn't cheap however as an overall package it is pretty hard to beat.

Having Nav actually makes driving more relaxing, the estimated time of arrival calculation is uncannily accurate (with a minute or two), so you learn to trust it and moderate your driving accordingly.

[ QUOTE ]
I must be the only one that drives in near silence for a few days after picking up a new car.
I don't know what it is,but it usually takes me a while to get around to blasting music.
I suppose I like to get used to a car's 'ambience' before covering it up with music.
Now that I've had it a while,the volume's hardly ever below 15.
Missus is always moaning that I don't hear my phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you here Bowfer - I like listening out for any odd noises, praps this is why we spot rattles more!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Between 9 and 10am tomorrow morning is promised delivery time. I have loaded up a 1Gb SD memory card with 14 CDs worth of music and we are ready to roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

By strange coincidence picked my new A3 2.0 tdi up this morning, cant believe how much of a difference there was between the new one and my old 1.6, couldnt stop grinning on the way home, took a couple of pics but they are stupidly large res...

Prolly take some more tommorow although its just run of the mill tdi.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif