Are these readings right??

Ade6

Reaction score
2003 a3 2.0tdi
i have been fine tuning the cams to cure a vibration and bad idle! The car seems to be runnin okay now at 800 rpm!
I have set the front cam (closest to radiator) to 0.0 kw (torsion value) the rear cam i adjustet untill the car idles smooth! Now i read somewere the consumption should be around 0.6 l/h and the engine torque no lower than 28nm! Now my readings are: 0.6l/h-0.4l/h
and stays at 0.4 l/h when fully warm! And my engine torque moves around from 28-32nm does this sound okay? Also my torque request (driver) is -2.0nm! Are all these readings okay and normal or is there something wrong?

The lower the l/h reading the leaner the mix at idle, nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't worry about the other readings, as long as the car is running ok don't worry :)

Thats good then! When i started it yesterday after being left all night it started okay but then had a wobley for 5-10 seconds! Something would squeke now and then and when it did it would miss! But then was okay all day! Still yet to try it thismorning!

When one thing goes wrong on a car it can be easy to over analyse everything else that you hear/feel etc, chances are these things were there already but you hadn't noticed to the other issues.

Your best bet is to run the car for a good few hundred miles so it can 'settle' with its new adjustments & chances are 90% will rectify themselves :)