Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

TTRS Control Arm

Hello guys,

I would like to run some negative camber on my S3 Sportsback and I was told to install the TTRS control arm which allows camber adjustment. I had a look at the TTRS control arm and it looks similar to the S3, except the ball joint where you adjust camber. Is it possible to just change the ball joint, ie replace my S3 control arm ball joint to the TTRS ball joint, this way I need not replace the whole control arm unit.

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6+1 Gears

Status
    I don't think it works. The ball joint sits different on the arm. One is on top and one is below the arm. Tomorrow I'll havr my TT arms installed. I'll take a closer picture to see how the joint looks like.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    No you have to replace the whole arms, I have a set of these available if your interested.

Thanks

6+1 Gears

Status
    Here is how the ball joint sits on my TT arms.

2013-04-09 12.39.06.jpg
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

Reverse Gear

Status
    What is the max camber on the tts wishbone?

N8, are they new or used?

6th Gear

Status
    is there no camber adjustment on the S3 8P front control arms?
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex C View Post
    is there no camber adjustment on the S3 8P front control arms?
    AFAIK,no.
    Apart from things like the TTRS control arms,the only other solution is camber adjustment via adjustable topmounts,as I've done,but that's not the cheap way of doing it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I can't bear to "chop" the top struts and heard some guys experienced knocking from the top mounts so I ditched plans of getting KW Clubsport. Went for PSS10 and now looking at the TTS wishbone for camber adjustment.

6+1 Gears

Status
    I had -2.5 with OEM sport suspension. I understand that others could do even more.
    I'm curious with the new B16 suspension how much I can obtain without rubbing.

You don't need to look for TTS or TTRS, the ones for TT are OK. The ones for TTS or TTRS may be more expensive. I don't know if they have the same codes...

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by volkskid View Post
    I can't bear to "chop" the top struts and heard some guys experienced knocking from the top mounts so I ditched plans of getting KW Clubsport. Went for PSS10 and now looking at the TTS wishbone for camber adjustment.
    Here's my experience of this problem.....I had kw V3 suspension,and we were initialy advised by kW that their adjustable topmounts would fit,and could be used to get some camber,but this turned out to be incorrect,and they very decently helped with fitting a set of Clubsports.
    This setup is near the limits for road use,and is pretty well rock hard,so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who values comfort or has an eye on cost,but it does work very well,and doesn't knock or rattle.
    I guess we could have compromised on this,but having bought a set of 245x18x9 rims,and R888s to match,there seemed no point,but for a less extreme setup,the TT/S/RS arms may be a solution.