Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 stage 2 without changing air intake???? just upgrade panel filter?????

Im upgrading to a Cobra turbo bk exhaust with Decat and non res bk box and Hopefully stage 2 re-map.

BUT i don't want to change the air intake! will I be able to achieve stage 2 with the standard air intake system??

Ive heard you can get heat soak if you upgrade to a cone filter!!! has any1 heard of this??? apparently Heat Soak is when warm air is drawn in through the cone filter???

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    It is possible...I did it,but frankly it's not the best way to go.

The stock system does strangle airflow at peak rpm and may throw errors or misfires,but yes,it can be done,at STg2....I wouldn't try it at Stg2+.

Reverse Gear

Status
    what do ya reckon change the air intake then??

I dont like the cone filters, There must be something thats bigger, id like to get something that really sucks the air in from inside a unit like the standard air intake, with a good flow of cold air there must be one designed already????

maybe you could attach a small intercooler mounted behind the grille with hoses that feed back to the air intake that would be perfect for me

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NIC1985 View Post
    what do ya reckon change the air intake then??

I dont like the cone filters, There must be something thats bigger, id like to get something that really sucks the air in from inside a unit like the standard air intake, with a good flow of cold air there must be one designed already????

maybe you could attach a small intercooler mounted behind the grille with hoses that feed back to the air intake that would be perfect for me
    ​?
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    I'm pretty sure heat soak is when the intake channel isn't properly shielded and the air warms up before entering the engine. The idea behind a cold-air intake is that you suck air from the front of the engine bay, or from behind the fog light, so it's not being affected by the warm air in the engine bay. A good thermal insulator around the pipe will limit the soak effect. I think a dedicated intercooler for a cold air feed might be a bit much, also not sure what you plan to use to cool the air... why not just channel the cooling air directly?
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

1st Gear

Status
    I'm running revo stage 2 with just uprated panel filter if it helps..

Status
    A few induction kits on the market take your pick evoms,itg,revo

Reverse Gear

Status
    forced cold air induction kit for me I think, dont want a crappy cone filter, want a direct feed from cold air on tap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, i have stage 2 APR with downpipe and standard air filter. I have been experiencing missfires around 3k and latter around 6k. i presumed it was due to fueling issues or needing new spark plugs, however S3Alex has now got me thinking that my problem may be due to to the standard air box.
    The missfires relly ruin the power delivery and the overall driving experience so i intend to look further into wether the missfires are caused by the standard airbox Can you shed any more light onto this issue S3alex?

Race Tech

Status
    Hi I am running st2 with standard filter and it was mapped with a stock exhaust with pre cat removed and no problems at all!
    MRC map 330bhp 475Nm on RR and cool plugs from S2

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NIC1985 View Post
    forced cold air induction kit for me I think, dont want a crappy cone filter, want a direct feed from cold air on tap
    Forge twintake is the pup then.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    I ran stage 2 with no intake for a few months (since Revo lists it as an optional mod at this stage) with no issues to speak of. I've even had my stock airbox on recently with stage 2+ for a few days (after a service) and while peak power was definitely not where it was with my EVOMS the car did not feel like it was labouring or running any worse.

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle