S3 8P Progress?

ahitchkins

Reaction score
came up two a two lane roundabout a few weeks back now and was stationary at the front of a cue in the left hand lane for the first exit and there was and some old **** in a stingy N reg horrible horsebox (which may i add had been converted to a caravan which just about says it all) who was in the right hand lane, he pulled off and i stayed stationary as i couldn't see what was coming from the right and without looking he swung out into the left hand lane taking out the side and front of my S3! he then tried telling me that it was my fault luckily i've got 4 witnesses and the police and insurance company said he hasn't got a leg to stand on, gutted isn't the word :(

64887102005146060968825.jpg

66946102005144835338188.jpg

26323102005144831738091l.jpg

54282110200514485013855.jpg

48013610200514484133833.jpg

Gutted for you!! So many people out there with a mind set of crashing into audis.
I though mine was bad.
Will insurance fix it or....

Gutted for you!! So many people out there with a mind set of crashing into audis.
I though mine was bad.
Will insurance fix it or....
thanks bud, i know right he could have crashed into my Corsa instead.. :ermm:
90% sure the insurance will fix it instead of categorising it, just waiting for conformation from my insurance company to get the go ahead to start getting it repaired although it is all going through his insurance obviously

Haha yep wouldn't have been such a big deal.
Thats a bonus then if the aren't categorising it. The joys of insurance and call centres haha.
Best thing is doesn't affect ur insurance I love that part haha

lol it DOES affect your insurance on renewal!!!! I had someone go into my mum, had witnesses and fault went through and 3rd party was to blame... sweet... mum retained her no claims bonus as was settled not to be her fault (thanks to witness who backed up our sequence of events)... came to renewal and obv they ask if you have made a claim regardless of fault so told them the truth how 3rd party insurer had to pay etc etc.. HERS WENT UP BY AROUND £50!!!!

I asked the guy on phone (nice lad and knowledgeable) why and he said "regardless of fault, statistically someone involved in an incident is likely to be involved in another so your premium increases"

To make things easier to understand I asked "soo, If i was sat in my house, someone drove into my car, knocked on my door, totally claimed liability, went through insurance smoothly and his insurance paid, mine would go up because of statistics" and he said "yes"!!!!

takes the fcuking ****!!!!!!

Thats a bonus then if the aren't categorising it. The joys of insurance and call centres haha.

Never thought I worked that way. Just though if u had a claim in the last 5 years.
Well I'll be waiting till October before renewal so will have to wait and see.
Like u said **** take....

Sad to see that happened to your S3... :( However wish you all the best getting it fixed through insurance...
Any update on this...
Good luck :)

lol it DOES affect your insurance on renewal!!!! I had someone go into my mum, had witnesses and fault went through and 3rd party was to blame... sweet... mum retained her no claims bonus as was settled not to be her fault (thanks to witness who backed up our sequence of events)... came to renewal and obv they ask if you have made a claim regardless of fault so told them the truth how 3rd party insurer had to pay etc etc.. HERS WENT UP BY AROUND £50!!!!

I asked the guy on phone (nice lad and knowledgeable) why and he said "regardless of fault, statistically someone involved in an incident is likely to be involved in another so your premium increases"

To make things easier to understand I asked "soo, If i was sat in my house, someone drove into my car, knocked on my door, totally claimed liability, went through insurance smoothly and his insurance paid, mine would go up because of statistics" and he said "yes"!!!!

takes the ****ing ****!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is how it works...
They're trying every possible way to rip people off and make money...

Friend of mine involved in an accident obviously wasn't his fault, some idiot decided to drive to his **NEW M3 ** passenger door NON-STOP, ****ed up his nice new car, however upon renewal his increased by 200 quid, and trust the job wasn't done professionally and he had to get it fixed at his own additional costs...

NOT quite sure how it works, and no matter coz they're the winners and making the money$$$ at the end!

takes the fcuking ****!!!!!!

Never thought I worked that way. Just though if u had a claim in the last 5 years.
Well I'll be waiting till October before renewal so will have to wait and see.
Like u said **** take....

even if this is the case i'm lucky enough to have cheap static rate insurance :yum:

Sad to see that happened to your S3... :( However wish you all the best getting it fixed through insurance...
Any update on this...
Good luck :)
thanks bud, its currently over the road from my work at a Audi Approved Bodyshop and Repair centre and has been for the last two weeks, they said once they get the conformation from the insurance to start repairing it that it shouldn't take much longer than a week to get it sorted, but no currently it's sat collecting dust.. :3sadwalk:

Bad times :-( My heart would sink if that happened to mine.
I'd have to sell it as soon as it was fixed too knowing what it had been like.
Hope you get it sorted out ok mate!

Bad times :-( My heart would sink if that happened to mine.
I'd have to sell it as soon as it was fixed too knowing what it had been like.
Hope you get it sorted out ok mate!
thanks mate, oh well seems like a good excuse to start modifying it if you ask me..