Badger5AH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Turbo and remap..

I should be receiving a turbo dynamics stage 2 turbo shortly and have spoke To a few companies and darkside developments are saying they have not seen an Audi a3 140 bkd engine with more then 200bhp ,so what's the point in these turbos? If I was to upgrade my clutch and maybe a downpipe would I be closer to the 240bhp before I have to change the injectors? Cause I'm sure somebody on here is running 230bhp and 420lbft with nothing stupid special just a remap clutch and downpipe..
    And any good remapping companies that arnt gonna charge me £500 for a bloody remap :/

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its a custom map, so you will pay good money for it as you were advised before, once you go hybrid your costs for setup will increase a fair bit.

I run a stage 1 & stage 2 & they are running way past 200, so ignore that.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Advised before and all the prices are the same on there website.normal and hybrid..that's why I was getting confused because 200bhp didn't seem that much obviously I want a safe remap on first and then if clutch goes I will upgrade clutch will I be looking at much more power with that or do I then need downpipe? Cheers

What are you running with parts then?

6th Gear

Status
    Turner vw race car preparation ecu remapping, building car tuning company

sorted me out ok

i would say 185 bhp on standard set up any more than that would need hybrid turbo, clutch, exhaust, egr delete,

think pd140 injectors are good for 230 bhp.
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You don't need to do egr delete, clutch or exhaust with a hybrid at all, its not a necessity, as it still works perfectly, even with stock IC as I run 2 of them.

I do have a BMC CDA on 1 & a carbon intake from carbonspeed on other, but these also aren't needed, just test beds purely, cars worked fine with stock intakes.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Try Shark Performance for a custom remap, based in Mansfield.

Neutral

Status
    I didn't think you had to spend much to get bhp out off a car apart from just a remap but it's gonna end up costing 500 for turbo then another 500 for a bloody remap..and can't afford a s3 as anything cheap is on 100kmileage+ and dread to see what insurance is like..and brought a diesel to save money :/ don't knOw if to put a standard turbo back On and sell..

Neutral

Status
    Will check them links out..

4th Gear

Status
    Yes, it costs money to tune cars. Anything over a stage 1 starts becoming pricey. Is your car mapped already? Where are you based?

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Neutral

Status
    But even at stage one turbo can go like mine and then it was reconditioned 2 years ago and gone now lol no totally standard s line and Worksop area net Sheffield

3rd Gear

Status
    rs performance in leeds did mine a few years ago now ,cost me £300 then spent all day there with car on rollers fine tuning it .
    went back a few weeks later after more mods and they did it again for nothing (well i bought dinner for them ) to say thanks.

tbh i dont rate darkside . they seem to have just sprung up from nowhere.

my nephew has just purchased a hybrid for his B7 A4 170 , he asked darkside first for a quote , quite a bit more expensive than he thought ,so sourced the hybrid elsewhere @ £1200
    rs has quoted him £500 to remap it . darkside less . but i know who i would choose .

TBH i think its a total waste of his money ,approx 35 bhp for around £1700 in total. not alot for the money, but its his cash not mine.

its probably due to the fact im getting older and tighter that i disagree with him .

Neutral

Status
    Was that just for a standard turbo tho? They seem quite decent..yeh they quoted me 480 to get maybe 200bhp..and yeh that's what I think not a lot but getting a stage 2 turbo for 500quod off my mate only been used for 2000miles and needed a new turbo as mine as gone so not really losing out..I'm tight and I'm only 20! Earn about 700-800 a month so..it's all fun and games ha! I'll have to give them a ring it's only about an hour there

5th Gear

Status
    For a pd140 bkd its £625 for recon stage 2 turbo which is a very good price and there new turbos are built with even better lighter compressor wheels for better performance they seem very helpful when i phoned them up last week and said they rarely have faults in the turbos resulting in a replacement as they are all thoroughly testedI say go for it as i will also be going for the stage 2
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Neutral

Status
    We'res that from mate? The one I'm getting is rated at 240-260bhp I need one anyway its only like 120for this hybrid which still has warranty etc

5th Gear

Status
    Turbo dynamics stage 2 £625.00 reconditioned standard unit given hybrid treatment for £895 for brand new
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Neutral

Status
    This one ant recon tho mate..and I was gonna sell my standard turbo anyway for someone to rebuild cause its only te oil seal that went..you've confused me ha

5th Gear

Status
    So you have located a hybrid turbo which is used But was bought brand new ? Also is it a turbo dynamics hybrid ? If so then we are talking about the same turbo

Neutral

Status
    YEh in November mate and yes it is what other mods you got supporting it or ideas for making the most put off it?