It's quicker to elect a new pope than change a headlight bulb

Stol1975

Reaction score
Spent an hour an a half trying to get my bulb back into the headlight unit. Still haven't done it and in that time there's a new pope lol. My hands are two big and I just ain't got the knack. So frustrating aggghh!

Reactions: OVRA3
any kids ? i usually pay the oldest son 12 years to do things like this explain it clearly and if successful bung him a fiver . lot less stress

Reactions: Jameze
Haha yes its a killer if you have big hands! As hollow says have you got another half or kids you can contract?! I find using finger tips and my phone with the camera on helps!

I wouldn't trust my kids they'd be pulling electric cables out and all sorts. Its an incredibly fiddly thing to do. I just hope I don't end up at halfords!! What's so annoying is I did it on Saturday no problem within in 5 minutes but today I just couldn't get it to lock in.

Ha, i got the apprentice to do mine at work when i fitted Tups bulbs.
Imagine how much harder they would be if they used the normal clasp type clips, and not those amazing push fits holders.

I haven't had the experience of changing mine yet, however a mate of mine took it to halfords to do it, cost him like £3 for over an hours labour with 3 "technicians"

Bargain at £3 personally, defiantly watch them struggle mind.. Make sure they don't put left over nuts/bolts into the top of the engine hoping they'll find their way back home...

Can't be as bad as my experience with the headlights.

Had some crappy 'halo' aftermarket ones on when I first bought the car and was never happy with them so decided to buy some OEM halogens. Set about taking the front bumper off to get to the bolt underneath, without taking the two top bolts off the top of the headlights. Struggled all day to get the bumper off, but it finally came off with a bit of help from my Dad. Undid the top two bolts and the headlight came straight out!!! Didn't even need to take the whole bumper off as I put the new headlights in, fastened the top two bolts and they're fit fine and are secure. :Flush: