Non Genuine front bumper opinons?

I've got one of those, genuine, available if interested.

I will tell you the problems we have at our bodyshop,obviously you can try the fit of the bumper before paint but we often have problems after they have been painted with grilles and trims not fitting for instance and its hard to not only make sure it fits to the car ok before paint (ie bumper to wing gaps,headlamp gaps etc) without having to clip every grille in for instance to make sure they fit then to have to take them all back out again so you can paint it to then have to fit them all again with obvious risks or breaking lugs etc from parts.

We have this issue all the time now with non-gen parts as the insurance company's dont understand that cars with the big mouth grilles which most are now are 50% bumper 50% grilles and trims so the bumper shell has no strength what so ever its when you try to start fitting parts in it then getting it to line up is where the issues normally start

Thanks phil76,
I was guessing that would be the problem, but ive never heard of anyone using them so thought it was worth the question.

Whats you experience been with Bonnets? have they lined up correctly? and the quality ok?

Last edited:
Mate i know peoples views on non-gen parts but to be honest most are ok but there is some crap out there too,the main things with after market bonnets are them been floppy and them feeling like they have no strength and the other is bad sealer work holding the frame to the bonnet skin,other places people get issues are with them rotting badly but most of the time this is with people doing cheap repairs and not using cavity wax etc when fitted.

Thanks,

I would consider the bonnet a option then, as genuine ones are quite hard to find and expensive.