AUDI A3 STEREO/STEERING WHEEL MODS

paulriley

Reaction score
hi guys......this is my first post.....im the happy owner of a 2006 audi a3 2.0 tdi se 5door sportback and i am looking at doing a few mods to it......ive got the symphony head unit with the 6 disc changer and bose sound system fitted and im wanting to play mp3 on the original headunit.......i was looking at a connects2....are these any good????.....or is there a better alternative without buying a rns headunit.............also ive fitted a mfsw to the car aswell and would like to get it working as its not at the moment....i do have access to vcds.....and i read on here it all depends on the module the car has fitted.......mine is 0-8po 953 549 e........any infomation any one can give me would be greatly recived.....also im a panel beater with 15 years experiance so if any one needs advice on removel of bumpers/wing mirriors or any other body related questions im more than happy to help guys.......thanks again

Attachments

• 20130210_133442.jpg
    20130210_133442.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 20130210_133352.jpg
    20130210_133352.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 223
You need steering module ref 8P0 953 549 F

Nothing else will work !

You also need a new airbag wiring harness ( 8P0 971 589 AD ) unless you got one with the wheel and airbag

Last edited:
hey thanks for that mike....really great infomation...i will price the parts up monday.........hate having the mfsw and not been able to use it...thanks again paul

hey thanks for that mike....really great infomation...i will price the parts up monday.........hate having the mfsw and not been able to use it...thanks again paul

I have just purchsed the MFSW and all other necessary parts. the control module usually goes on ebay for around £85 part number 8P0 953 549 F and the airbag and buttons wiring loom 8P0 971 589 Q this from audi is about £35 but i got it from scrapyard for £10.

im just waiting to book in now to get all the coding done

sorry to jump in but Would 8P0 953 549 G support MFSW as well?

I have just purchsed the MFSW and all other necessary parts. the control module usually goes on ebay for around £85 part number 8P0 953 549 F and the airbag and buttons wiring loom 8P0 971 589 Q this from audi is about £35 but i got it from scrapyard for £10.

im just waiting to book in now to get all the coding done

Walto - you were lucky with that module - they are usually over £100 ! The wiring loom can be version 'Q' or 'AB' or 'AD', they are the later versions of 'Q' .

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Dont waste your time on connects 2, as you have a double din & antenna system is compatible, then can use sd card slots for mp3, with all track data, for me better option as gives you nav aswell as much better screen along with audi bt compatiblity & control via steering wheel when setup correctly.

The actual module is £180 new, slip ring is approx £70, I have these available if interested, I also have some rns units available, are you after a supply/fit solution Paul, if so PM me :)