Sky InsuranceBadger5
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,180

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel

    Would YOU Buy This?

    Hi all,

    To cut a long story short, I've been looking for a 3dr S Line bumper for ages as mines all scraped on one side. They seem to be like gold dust to find second hand!

    Anyway, came across the one below but it seems a bit mangled. It'll need a respray anyway which I understand, but what I wanted to ask is;
    A) Do you reckon it could be easy put back into shape once the valance is on?
    B) Would you take the risk and buy it?

    $T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmGmKBQczRTmJGg~~60_58.jpg

    Cheers
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Have you got the diffuser for it?? If not, and depending on the price of the bumper, you could be looking at a lot of money to end up with a complete bumper in good condition.

    Diffusers are even harder to get hold of second hand and are about £80-£90 new, and repair and paint of the bumper is going to cost at least £150 for a decent job.

    How much are they asking for the bumper? This is the all important bit of info.

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    207
    This one looks ok on eBay, 281059396187....

    I know it has the parking sensors but this maybe a good option if the bumpers coming off anyway or you could fill them.

    The other looks ok but you can't tell from the pic how deep some of the marks are. I was looking recently and went to look at one and some of the fixings were broke and the plastic had a bad strain where it was pulled off, not taken off.

    happy hunting buddy

  5. #4
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,180

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Have you got the diffuser for it?? If not, and depending on the price of the bumper, you could be looking at a lot of money to end up with a complete bumper in good condition.

    Diffusers are even harder to get hold of second hand and are about £80-£90 new, and repair and paint of the bumper is going to cost at least £150 for a decent job.

    How much are they asking for the bumper? This is the all important bit of info.
    Not got the diffuser for one as yet, although I don't think that price is too bad for a new one. There was one for sale in the Classifieds on here but it seems to have been sold now.

    I've looked for a complete bumper with diffuser but I can't seem to find one for a 3dr anywhere. 5dr's are no problem but 3dr's are another kettle of fish lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walts2782 View Post
    This one looks ok on eBay, 281059396187....

    I know it has the parking sensors but this maybe a good option if the bumpers coming off anyway or you could fill them.

    The other looks ok but you can't tell from the pic how deep some of the marks are. I was looking recently and went to look at one and some of the fixings were broke and the plastic had a bad strain where it was pulled off, not taken off.

    happy hunting buddy
    Thanks for that dude, actually came across that earlier today but the parking sensor holes put me off.

    He was asking £65 for the pictured one so I might give it a miss. Although I have been speaking to a lad about the one below but the part number he gave me started with 8P4 which, if I'm not mistaken, is for a 5dr?

    $T2eC16d,!)sE9swm,vL1BQ5g+Elcjg~~60_58.jpg
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  6. #5
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Not got the diffuser for one as yet, although I don't think that price is too bad for a new one. There was one for sale in the Classifieds on here but it seems to have been sold now.

    I've looked for a complete bumper with diffuser but I can't seem to find one for a 3dr anywhere. 5dr's are no problem but 3dr's are another kettle of fish lately.
    Sorry, just noticed you want an s-line diffuser. Double that price then... £80-£90 is for a standard diffuser, the s-line ones are about £190 complete.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    207
    That one looks ok I guess, will keep my eye out.

    Do you need the single of twin diffuser?

  8. #7
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,180

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Sorry, just noticed you want an s-line diffuser. Double that price then... £80-£90 is for a standard diffuser, the s-line ones are about £190 complete.
    Tbh, I'd be happy with the standard diffuser if that's the price of an S Line one. Trying not to spend too much more on this car for the time being!

    Quote Originally Posted by Walts2782 View Post
    That one looks ok I guess, will keep my eye out.

    Do you need the single of twin diffuser?
    Yeh it looks alright, although not the best picture. The 8P4 threw me slightly though as it is clearly a 3dr bumper.

    Need the twin diffuser mate.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  9. #8
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Although I have been speaking to a lad about the one below but the part number he gave me started with 8P4 which, if I'm not mistaken, is for a 5dr?

    $T2eC16d,!)sE9swm,vL1BQ5g+Elcjg~~60_58.jpg

    The 8P4 part number is used for 5 door parts... AND for parts that fit both the 3dr and 5dr.

    e.g....
    Diffusers for the 3dr and 5dr are the same, hence the part number starts 8P4. Same for the front bumpers.


    But yeah, the 3dr rear bumper should start 8P3.

  10. #9
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,180

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    He's given me 8P4 807 385 A as the part number but says the bumper for sale is the one in the photo.

    May just buy it and see what turns up.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  11. #10
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I have a 2011 S3 rear bumper with PDC for sale, £300 PM me if interested

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Would you buy this clutch kit ?
    By Rick.S3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th May 2011, 16:39
  2. Would you buy this? (ebay TIP)
    By S3 Nattie in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 18th April 2010, 20:55
  3. would you buy this sport badge for your car?
    By ALPINE in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 9th February 2010, 22:21
  4. Would you buy a car from this person?
    By john2garden in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd April 2008, 15:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO