Shark Stg2 vs Bluefin Stg2 remap-20bhp difference??

s3facelift09

Reaction score
I'm only interrested in DIY remaps so all other companies that are in tunning businnes where you have to take your car to them are of no interest to me, because I'm not from Britain and it's the most simple way of remaping my car. What I would like to know is, does anyone know, how come Shark Performance Stage 2 remap for an S3 is 330bhp and bluefin is 313 (Superchips calculate 261 bhp+52 gain bhp=313)? Shark's Stg2 330bhp is almost like bluefin's Stg3 with uprated fuel pump, but it's without an uprated fuel pump and even cold air intake, it's not required by Shark Stg 2??? What I want to know is, is it real 330 bhp or maybe 310 bhp like with bluefin software?

Well, my S3 is currently having some development work done to it.

Its stage 2 shark at the moment, it will have a forge twintercooler on it too.

However it will be on the rolling road during this 2 week period with and without the intercooler, so I will update on ASN and show before and after figures. which will show you the real figures of Shark stage 2.

Depends if you can wait a little....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Superchips maps are notoriously under powered.

The dyno at Shark is very conservative and they developed their maps there. They had an ST owners rolling road day recently and they 'superchips 300' Focus ST's were making 240-250bhp on Shark's dyno.

I'd recommend the Shark maps to anyone, especially the 2.0 TFSI as I have used them both on my old S3 and now my Mk5 GTI.

The dyno at Shark is very conservative and they developed their maps there. They had an ST owners rolling road day recently and they 'superchips 300' Focus ST's were making 240-250bhp on Shark's dyno.

I'd recommend the Shark maps to anyone, especially the 2.0 TFSI as I have used them both on my old S3 and now my Mk5 GTI.

Mine will be done at Powerstation, Tewkesbury on their 4wd rolling road. Its supposed to be very good there.

Graeme - I am in the process of sourcing a Milltek and on the hunt for a CAI for Stage 2.

How much difference is there between Stage 1 and 2 and how much is it to upgrade the software?

Thanks
Paul

Stick with a shark one! I know Ben who owns shark he knows his stuff. Also I know many people that have had maps by him and they are all very close to or over his quoted figures! And don't forget it's not just the tuner that comes into question. Tired turbos? Bad conditions? Poor fuel? Underlying car problems..... If you can I would always recommend taking your car in to be remapped so it can be health checked first. In the OP case I know not possible.

Anyway IMO shark way forward.

Sean

Stick with a shark one! I know Ben who owns shark he knows his stuff. Also I know many people that have had maps by him and they are all very close to or over his quoted figures! And don't forget it's not just the tuner that comes into question. Tired turbos? Bad conditions? Poor fuel? Underlying car problems..... If you can I would always recommend taking your car in to be remapped so it can be health checked first. In the OP case I know not possible.

Anyway IMO shark way forward.

Sean

I just want one answer from you, will I have 330bhp with Shark Stage 2 remap as stated? 3bhp more then with bluefins Stage 3 remap (wich includes an uprated fuel pump).

Last edited:
...and how much will be the gain in Nm of torque in Shark Stage 2 remap, it's not stated anywhere..I'll for sure send them an e-mail, but if someone knows, I would be very much obliged..

why not try REVO I have 367 from stage 2 but that is bit optimistic and they say should settle down to 355 which is still a massive gain from stage 1 and way more you get from bluefin stage 2

My Shark Stage 2 car was 4WD dyno'd today.

It has full turbo back non res Milltek

P-Flo Intake

it made 315bhp.

Which for stage 2 I'd say is liveable.

The twintercooler has been made and needs to be fitted and then some final adjustments need to be made, then it'll be dyno'd again to see the results.

Roll on stage 3

Ill show a graph when I get it tomorrow if forge manage to get round to send it to me.

My Shark Stage 2 car was 4WD dyno'd today.

It has full turbo back non res Milltek

P-Flo Intake

it made 315bhp.

Which for stage 2 I'd say is liveable.

The twintercooler has been made and needs to be fitted and then some final adjustments need to be made, then it'll be dyno'd again to see the results.

Roll on stage 3

Ill show a graph when I get it tomorrow if forge manage to get round to send it to me.

thats pretty poor for stage 2 tbh, should be more round 330

This is the issue with playing the dyno lottery. From my experience Bluefin/Superchips maps are always very conservative and I once had my S3 which was at Bluefin stage 3 dynod then flashed with Revo stage 2+ - the difference was 36 bhp.

This was all done on a dyno dynamics which are conservative at best, Superchips made 309 bhp , Revo 345 bhp andmy god you could feel the difference.

I hear good things about Shark so if needing a remote tune I would select them, if going to a Tuner has to be Revo but purely as I am a very satisfied customer, now if only someone would release a map for my new motor :)

I'm going to book in for a Dyno in 2 weeks and ill let you know the results!

thats pretty poor for stage 2 tbh, should be more round 330

Indeed i initially thought the same, however as said every dyno may display different results....but saying that, if going stage 3 Shark (Revo 2+) and going back to the same place for a dyno, will that give me 50BHP?! I doubt it but we shall see eventually.

Well Stage 3 cars have made 360bhp on their dyno.....but with Martin can be a dyno lottery, all about how it drives! Yours was ****** lovely Mike :wub:

Well Stage 3 cars have made 360bhp on their dyno.....but with Martin can be a dyno lottery, all about how it drives! Yours was ****** lovely Mike :wub:

Indeed it does drive well, makes all the right noises and goes very quickly...

But I'd love to see a Stage 2 Revo S3 on the Powerstation dyno......:)

The only thing I can think of is the Air Intake (P-FLO) may not being making the full ticket, but i'll get a good one soon enough.