Is anyone else as sad as me?

richmcveigh

P R N D S
Reaction score
First thing I think when someone gets into my car is "I hope their shoes are clean".

Also, when I've just cleaned the car outside and in, I take my shoes off for the first few days.

:tumble:

Do you guys have any OCD habits?? (Or is it just me...)

Reactions: OVRA3
With respect mate think you answered your own question lmao.

LOL you are the same as me :) My misses lives on a farm and when i pick her up i make her but her shoes in a bag :)

Yeah but thats kinda obvious thing to do if working on a farm all day, cow poo etc, I wouldnt call that sad, just sensible.

The missus and I went for a walk the other day in the New Forest and luckily I took a towel with us which went straight down in the passenger footwell, and said person had to keep feet on said towel. hehehe

She still managed to get mud on the Bose speaker grill!! :uhm:

In the past I've made my g/f's niece where a carry bag over her feet when she has been in the back cause her left length meant her feet were against the back of the seat rather than on the mat.
Got to admit, really annoys me when Tash crosses her legs in the car and catches the glove box nearly every time with the end of her shoe!

I could beat this on the Anal/Nerdy scale.
I have a 'best' set of floor mats for the drier weather, mainly summer of course and when attending car shows, all nice deep thick black pile with contrast red stitching and AUDI logo.
A second 'best' for most of the rest of the year, again contrast stitching but no logo.
A third set, the original mats as supplied with the car for extended holiday use when I'm unlikley to get time or have the facilities to clean the interior or exterior.

In a bag in the the boot I keep a pair of slip-on black pumps which I swop with whatever shoes I'm wearing. As there have been occasions when I have clipped the throttle pedal whilst braking and vica versa the slim width of the pumps minimises this, and the thin soles increase sensitivity. In fact there are times when I drive in bare feet, well with socks on, and old rallying trick.

Reactions: JimC64
I have a 'best' set of floor mats for the drier weather, mainly summer of course and when attending car shows, all nice deep thick black pile with contrast red stitching and AUDI logo.
A second 'best' for most of the rest of the year, again contrast stitching but no logo.
A third set, the original mats as supplied with the car for extended holiday use when I'm unlikley to get time or have the facilities to clean the interior or exterior.

In a bag in the the boot I keep a pair of slip-on black pumps which I swop with whatever shoes I'm wearing. As there have been occasions when I have clipped the throttle pedal whilst braking and vica versa the slim width of the pumps minimises this, and the thin soles increase sensitivity. In fact there are times when I drive in bare feet, well with socks on, and old rallying trick.

Haha love it! That does beat mine - but that's such a good idea. It's a shame Xmas has just past - new car mats would have been the ideal Xmas prezzie!!

What about a no fingers on glass policy?? My other half has just reminded me of the time she put her hand on the inside of the door and I apparently went 'spare'... oh dear! :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant !

Kids shoes off in the back. Windows never opened so as to avoid dirty air filling the car when travelling. Dials, buttons and sticks, only used if absolutely essential, indicator stick never ever fully engaged...all to preserve life of the car. Any more offers?

Kids shoes off in the back. Windows never opened so as to avoid dirty air filling the car when travelling. Dials, buttons and sticks, only used if absolutely essential, indicator stick never ever fully engaged...all to preserve life of the car. Any more offers?

Lmfao - even better !!!! :beerchug:

In the past I've made my g/f's niece where a carry bag over her feet when she has been in the back cause her left length meant her feet were against the back of the seat rather than on the mat.
Got to admit, really annoys me when Tash crosses her legs in the car and catches the glove box nearly every time with the end of her shoe!

Yeah the leg cross thing drives me mad with our lass.....

When i was with my ex, she bought dog mess into my MG and it kicked off, i made her clean it up. Maybe that is why she is my ex?

I'd hate to think what would happen now if someone done the same to the A3..

People who slam the door.. I could easily leave them lying there on the pavement where I just picked them up from.

The cross legged thing for me again. I also put the front seat all the way forward when my daughter is in the back regardless of who is sitting in it to stop my daughter kicking and marking the back of the front seat.

Also took the family and a friend to the beach on New Years days, took a towel and a carrier bag and made everyone put their shoes in the boot on top of the towel with the kids shoes in the carrier bag. I keep some aftershave in the glovebox for client visits and sometimes spray the headlining so it smells good :)

Oh yeah, fiancee never allowed to touch ANY dials or place left foot on front passenger wheel arch because she says its comfy, its a wheel arch not a ducking pouffe! And the scuff plates are for show not for stepping in or out of the car! Don't slam the doors or boot either let the weight of the door and gravy do it with a feather like push or just let me do it women! Love you babe (she's reading this too) x

I insist on my son getting into a bin bag when he's played football, he sits in the front seat in the bin bag with dirty kit and dirty boots still on inside the bin bag......... Either that or he's walking home.

Gravity not gravy! Woops! STOP Rushing me women were gonna watch the last days of Sodom Frankie Boyle now! Grrrr

robbiemac:1753347 said:
I insist on my son getting into a bin bag when he's played football, he sits in the front seat in the bin bag with dirty kit and dirty boots still on inside the bin bag......... Either that or he's walking home.

Lmfao! I'm ACTUALLY crying! Genius!

People who slam the door.. I could easily leave them lying there on the pavement where I just picked them up from.

I've had this problem too. So I just snapped couple of times and people get ****** at me for yelling at them about slamming the door. So I've practiced while being alone in the car saying 'please be gentle with the door', and now whenever someone enters the car i say 'please be gentle with the door'. They give me a strange look, but at least door aren't getting slammed any more!

Father in laws current wife was in passenger seat
on christmas day. (I don't drink so ferried them all home after xmas dinner
at my house) Half way to her house her phone rings in her handbag which
was at her feet. So she reaches down to get her bag and in the process of
getting it past her clumsy fat legs, she drags its metal buckle right across
the face of my glovebox door.

At that point I wish my car had an ejector seat as I would have shot the dozy
careless heffer straight out of the roof and onto the hard shoulder for that
misdemeanor. Instead I bit my tongue as her youngest son was in the back
(stuffing a snickers wrapper down my seat as I later discovered... He got a mashed
up mince pie and a weeks worth of my daily Mars bar wrappers stuffed in his bed
for that crime, He still thinks his older brother did it LOL, It proper kicked off between them LOLOLOL )

Suffice to say they'll never, ever be given a ride in anything other than my
scabby old work van ever again. Even Mrs Grrs Fiat 500 is off limits now.
The fact that their Honda Jizz is a disgusting, scuffed, rubbish tip on wheels
should have given the game away. It was a minter 2 years ago and now has algae
growing on it, every panel scratched and wheel trims that look as if they have been
chewed by a dog. Some people just don't respect their own property, never mind
that of others.
/rant

I can vouch for being like this! I've had several bad experiences, the worst being in my old 306 watching a pint of milk dissapear into the seat! That took some cleaning!

I think the word has spread amongst my partners family and now they all sit in my car like it's the queens!

All of the above plus when I've just had the car washed or detailed the mrs likes to wind the window down passenger side and leave wet smears all over the just glass cleaned windows!!!!!!

I could kill her! I actually made her get out, go to the foreign car wash guy and get a micro fibre off him then buff the window clean!
Safe to say we weren't friends that day! And my mother in law lives on a farm....... We don't visit her! :)

Sean

I also brush the carpet pile one way and have to have all air vents in the same way I think there is a clinic local too me. I'm on my way

I agree with the slamming of the door, but you should expect that if your picking them up from laying on the pavement... ;p

What about a no fingers on glass policy?? My other half has just reminded me of the time she put her hand on the inside of the door and I apparently went 'spare'... oh dear! :)[/QUOTE said:
My latest wheeze is to use spectacle lens spray from Poundland, they cost £1 each which was a surprise! Applied with a lint-free cotton cloth to keep the inside of the glass clean this is a desperate measure as have tried every glass cleaner on the market including making up my own recipe using vinegar and lemon and then the old trick of newspaper to clean the glass.

lmao off at this thread! So much of it rings true, either i do it, or know someone who does. OCD is a terrible disease!!

Who else hates the fact the volume/power button won't click on to a perfect 12 o'clock? It's just a little off! :banghead:

For me it's leave it slightly towards 1 o'clock as then it matches the dash contours. Any volume adjustments are then ONLY done by me, the driver, using the MFSW dial! You can carefully catch it between clicks at a 12 o'clock position, but that's worse as I know it's not clicked!!!

Reactions: NICK-C
My sense of smell dissapeared some years ago. When someone farts in the car, I am the only one smiling, and so I always get the blame. It's just not fair......

For me it's leave it slightly towards 1 o'clock as then it matches the dash contours. Any volume adjustments are then ONLY done by me, the driver, using the MFSW dial! You can carefully catch it between clicks at a 12 o'clock position, but that's worse as I know it's not clicked!!!

I'm exactly the same!! It's a real shame Audi couldn't take their time to make it site at the 12oclock, but no one turns the volume up. They ask and then I do it. Ha

Who else hates the fact the volume/power button won't click on to a perfect 12 o'clock? It's just a little off! :banghead:

I leave the volume knob at the imperfect 12 o'clock mark, and can only adjust the volume using the steering wheel, thus leaving the dial in the same position!

Another habit I have gotten into is not putting my hands/fingers on the white stitching on the steering wheel for fear of it discolouring!