Airtec Intercooler, any good??

DJ-S3

Reaction score
I've seen one of these 2nd hand... Never heard of them to behonest and was wondering if any of you was using it? And what people thought to a 2nd hand one?

I'll be going to stage 2+ revo on my S3 very shortly and thought this would be a nice addition to keep the temps down.

Airtec s Intercooler upgrade Audi Skoda VW Seat

Google is your friend

LINK

There is a couple of links to various forums

Hi mate ,do amd not sell these ,if they do then id go for it :)

Google is your friend

LINK

There is a couple of links to various forums

i've googled it already. It's either ford or s3 8L i cant find anything for S3 8P.

Yeah seen them for sale in AMD but never heard anything about them on this forum which usually is un heard of.

What do you reckon to a used one though?

Hi just check out the core an find out the age :)

Hi just check out the core an find out the age :)

2months old... And how do i check the core? Sounds like a stupid question but isnt the core usually the centre of something. I've got loads of pictures of it, looks good, two tiny scratches.

2 months old wow good find ,,all depends on the price , if i was going for a fmic ,id go pro alloy only because its lighter than most and bigger ,but alot of members have been running ths fmic and this looks very similar ,but ,like said above do some research on the airtec,or drop ben (amd) an email or give them a phone..,as it not a 5 minute job to fit and you want to be 100% happy..:)

2 months old wow good find ,,all depends on the price , if i was going for a fmic ,id go pro alloy only because its lighter than most and bigger ,but alot of members have been running ths fmic and this looks very similar ,but ,like said above do some research on the airtec,or drop ben (amd) an email or give them a phone..,as it not a 5 minute job to fit and you want to be 100% happy..:)

I've done loads of research... Ford guys recommend it and seem to rate it highly! But a Audi aint a Ford... The 8L guys seem to have had a gander but there isn't much info a part from a little bit of good news.

I'll have to give AMD a call and see what they think..

I've done loads of research... Ford guys recommend it and seem to rate it highly! But a Audi aint a Ford... The 8L guys seem to have had a gander but there isn't much info a part from a little bit of good news.I'll have to give AMD a call and see what they think..
Hi there.....as you'll know,I use AMDTuning for all of my work,and whilst I have a ProAlloy on mine(the Airtec wasn't being made then)I know that AMD use Airtec for parts on the BTCC Golf,as well as road cars,and I would be happy with their recommendation,as well as the knowledge that if they can build reliable parts for race cars,it'll be fine on the road.As S3kel has said,drop Ben a line,as it's a job that requires taking the front off the car,and they'll do it properly.