How to tell the difference between Res or non-res milltek

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi All

Im looking at buying a milltek exhaust and wondering how i can tell the difference between the two?

Also is the cat built into the downpipe?

Thanks

Ryan

There's just an Extra box Between resinated and non resinated the non res is a Straight through pipe Which is louder and the sports cat is in the down pipe mate

8124595092_1f0a092161_z.jpg

Ahh kk thanks, just seen this on ebay and it says its a non res one. Thanks for the help thou guys :)

Can't find the S3 one, but they have a comparison pic of the Golf systems.

631.jpg

Im looking for no res. Ive heard res just sounds like standard. Is that right?

Resonated sounds a lot closer to OEM, but still loudens a bit once you're pushing on more. Non-res is deeper too, but can drone at around 2-3k revs.

I do like the sound of the deeper note but i dont know if i would like the drone.

Something I noticed recently that I hadn't heard anything about before is that remapped cars sound deeper than normal, even with a standard exhaust.

Yeah ive just had a milltek on my fiesta for the last 3 years and loved the noise loads. Just need to find a non res one now:)

Something I noticed recently that I hadn't heard anything about before is that remapped cars sound deeper than normal, even with a standard exhaust.
Definitely. On mine it's been very noticeable going from stock to Stage 1 and Stage 2 to 2+