JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike foster

Thread: Gutted :-(

5th Gear

Status

Gutted :-(

Hi all,

Can you get just one alloy repaired will they match afterwards?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351715854.962924.jpg
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

2. # ADS
    ADS

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel
    Im sure if you get them spray matched to your current wheels and done properly you wouldn't have any problems?
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

5th Gear

Status

So just go to a reputable wheel repair place? I was under the impression that they don't match when you get one done?
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Fossie

Status
    If you get two done you can put them both on the same side and the remaining two on the other side. Then each side will match even if they don't all match.

Nobody that I know can look at both sides of a car at the same time !!!!!!
    grr666 likes this.

5th Gear

Status

Mike good call to be fair there was an 'incident' on the front same side so **** it might as well get both done! It's only money!! What's the cost for repair roughly speaking?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Hi all,

Can you get just one alloy repaired will they match afterwards?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351715854.962924.jpg
    Are they a standard silver ? or a titanium,
    The picture looks like they are just a standard silver wheel, if so then take it to a good bodyshop and you can get them down for about £40-60 dealers charging about £85-90 (Robbing sods !) And they should be okay.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

5th Gear

Status

Ps can I just blame the mrs she was in the way while I was reversing distracted me etc etc.. You know how it is 😳

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Are they a standard silver ? or a titanium,
    The picture looks like they are just a standard silver wheel, if so then take it to a good bodyshop and you can get them down for about £40-60 dealers charging about £85-90 (Robbing sods !) And they should be okay.
    I think standard? Just the usual rs6 style ??
    Why does it break your heart so much when you kerb a wheel me and the mrs are not talking now !!!

Fossie

Status
    If you get some Eagle F1 Assys (and loads of other) tyres they have a solid band that protrudes out from the rim and protects it from being kerbed !

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    If you get some Eagle F1 Assys (and loads of other) tyres they have a solid band that protrudes out from the rim and protects it from being kerbed !
    I'm so good normally with kerbs feel violated.. I feel like I should get some steel'ies lol

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    If you get two done you can put them both on the same side and the remaining two on the other side. Then each side will match even if they don't all match.

Nobody that I know can look at both sides of a car at the same time !!!!!!
    Beat me to it Mike, this is what i would do as well :D

5th Gear

Status

Right car is booked into autocare Norfolk tomorrow for the wheel, going to one wheel to start as this morning I realised the tyre also has a chunk missing so now it's a new tyre too! Chap reckons he can get the paint match fine so we shall see!! We report back tomorrow.. New tyre comes on Monday damn that was an expensive kerb!!!!

5th Gear

Status

Whoop whoop! Just the new tyre to do now and she's back on form can't see any difference at all to the others

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351870482.093718.jpg