Autocar saying new RS3 and S3 are on...

This article was published about 2-3 years ago Dave, since then Audi have pulled the plug on the RS3 and the S3 will be released late 2006 (hopefully), with a 2.00 TFSI engine producing around 260 bhp (hopefully).

But still an interesting find to whip us all into a frenzy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

But still an interesting find to whip us all into a frenzy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I reckon news on the forthcoming S3 will be imminent. I bet as soon as the R32 is officially unvailed, the S3 will follow - otherwise Audi will lose out to VW, which they never like to do.

I love the way apparently Audi keep changing their minds according to these people.

The fact is that they never actually decided to produce an RS3 in the first place but I suppose that doesn't make headlines!

[ QUOTE ]
This article was published about 2-3 years ago Dave, since then Audi have pulled the plug on the RS3 and the S3 will be released late 2006 (hopefully), with a 2.00 TFSI engine producing around 260 bhp (hopefully).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like that to be true, BUT didn't I read somewhere all future S and RS models would be naturally aspirated?

Yes, that was true also.

So, until some firm evidence is published from Audi, we will have to wait, and not feed ourselves in juicy rumours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was asking a dealer about these last week and asked him what the plan was as they can't really release any competition for the 3.2Q as it would be like shooting yourself in the foot.
He said while he was at the last launce in Germany they were sworn to secrecy over a new engine being readied for the A3 range. He said it's more than likely the V8 4.2Q that's used in the S4 but I don't think it would even fit?
Anyhow as TDi said, it's all speculation for the time being until Audi confirm the specifications.

No way in hell will that engine fit in that car. Like i've always said, it will be the 3.6 pushing out 280bhp... it's in the Q7!... watch this space!

Ah the old 4.2 shoe horned in, well actually i'm sure this was protyped...but that's another story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Way too heavy, way too big, and way too close to stepping on the S4 and RS4's toes!

If you want to know what's going on...ask a dealer and assume the opposite.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to know what's going on...ask a dealer and assume the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Last year i had an argument about the GTI coming out in 05. The dealer said the GTI was already out as the GT FSI... told him he was talking sh!t. They're always the last to know.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe the R36 mule that VW have been testing is actually the S3 in disguise.

Heres a few photochopped pics, to get us in the mood.....

56870_p1.jpg

The thing is, none of them do it for me... needs to be wider, much wider!

i know what you mean LeMan, but we can't take you seriously though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just been reading through a recent Autocar, and the expected date for the new R32 will be Jan 2006, and the new S line up of 3, 6 and 8 will be Spring 2006.