Audi S3 Black Edition 2011 - Help needed to confirm if Black Edition or not

Deano1977

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please can you help me, what defines the black edition? I have a 2010/2011 phantom black car, privacy glass, slightly darker rear light lenses, piano black surround for the stereo and Bose sound system. I had a platinum grille and silver wheels, but due to the other black bits, mainly the glass, I assumed it was a black edition.

I have been obtaining a trade-in price, neither the chassis number nor any of my initial purchase documents confirm that I do have a black edition, but does anyone else, is there a code within the PR codes that confirms this or should it be obvious and I do just have a phantom black car with some additional bits?

Thanks

The BE has black grill surround, black fog surrounds, RNS-e, privacy glass, black inlays, 18in rotors etc etc... Do you have the RNS-e?

Sounds like you got the standard S3 with some options.

FWIW, in terms of insurance, a BE and standard S3 are different cars, check you have it correct with your insurer!

If it was the BE edition I cant see why anyone would want to replace the BE grill for a chrome grill. I would agree with S3_NOOB and say that its a normal S3 with some BE options fitted. I thought pulling up the reg of the car on the Audi system would confirm whether or not its an S3 BE. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers guys - yes I do have the RNS-e and agree I must just have some extra bits. I updated the insurance today and told them it was a BE, but it would appear that is incorrect.

Audi systems have no details or ref to BE just the number of extras. Actual reg/DVLA is also a bit of an odd one as it states I have a 5 door saloon which was also mis-leading for a 3 door hatch. I have obviously just assumed it was a BE. Thanks for the comments

The records of what a car is really annoy me. If I do a look up on an insurance site or parts site mine will often come back as an A3 S3 S Line Quattro!! Its a f****ng Audi S3 Black Edition!!

Its annoying having to double check that the company you are enquiring with actually know what car you are talking about!