9.30am tomorrow...

little_wing

Reaction score
Picking up my sportback (pending on insurance documents for tax) and driving up to Hull from Hampshire for the w/end. Am like a cat on a hot tin roof atm, can't sit still.

Any tips for running in? I remember a few people with R32s claiming noticeably better performance after they'd pretty much ragged their motors from scratch (after warming them up first of course), so the same should apply to the 3.2 A3?

Roll on tomorrow...

-Lou

[ QUOTE ]
Picking up my sportback (pending on insurance documents for tax) and driving up to Hull from Hampshire for the w/end. Am like a cat on a hot tin roof atm, can't sit still.

Any tips for running in? I remember a few people with R32s claiming noticeably better performance after they'd pretty much ragged their motors from scratch (after warming them up first of course), so the same should apply to the 3.2 A3?

Roll on tomorrow...

-Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont sit at the same revs all the way. Try to vary the revs as much as possible. Other than that just drive it like it was meant to be driven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hampshire m8 - near fleet/farnborough. i'm a scouser originally though - bring on the scouser bashing comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck with it mate... I remember the day I picked up my Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Could not sleep at ALL the night before...

I was careful with mine and it seems fine, does not use a drop of oil. its up to you, but enjoy................

Have a great time and treat her gently, then listein to her scream at 6,500 revs. Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Congrats on a sweet purchase. Please post pics asap.

Be very gentle with it upon warming up, but do place heavy loads on it once it is warm. i.e. in-gear heavy acceleration and deceleration (engine braking) , but avoid redlining it.

You'll feel it loosening up over the miles.

Just took the car into the level warehouse and checked.
After putting a litre in about 400 miles ago,it was halfway down the dipstick.
Topped it up a wee bit more.
So,assuming I have filled it back to the same level as when it was delivered,it has used just over a litre in 4300 miles (ish).

So,from the warning light coming on,it's obviously safe just to chuck in the full litre.

I've done just over 5k now and I have only put in 1/2 a litre which I think topped it back up to the full/max level! No warning light yet tho... hadn't checked it for weeks! The only other thing I'd recomend is to check the pressure of your tyres as often as poss. Hadn't checked mine for 3k and afterwards it felt like a different car and did so much better on the MPG!!

[ QUOTE ]
Had yer worried though didn't I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Company car mate,I wouldn't have given a monkeys !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

My 2.0tdi done 13K since March, seems to get through a litre of oil every 6K miles
The dipstick is pants what was audi thinking when they came up with that design ???

[ QUOTE ]
I ragged mine off the forecourt... to the horror of the salesman!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL just what i did, you got to love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Revved mine very freely as soon as it got warm.

Basicly driving as normal, i ran in my WR1 really well, and it was naff.
So this car no running in for this one.

Have you ever seen how cars get driven prior to delivery ?
Surely running-in is a bit of a moot point after that ?
We've all seen brand new cars on trade-plates hareing past us on the motorway.
Dealer probably still has the cheek to tell the new owner to take it easy though !

[ QUOTE ]
My 2.0tdi done 13K since March, seems to get through a litre of oil every 6K miles
The dipstick is pants what was audi thinking when they came up with that design ???

[/ QUOTE ]

It 's awful - I'm never 100% when taking a reading...

I wonder how LittleWing is getting on.

Probably filled up twice by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, first impressions are that as a motorway cruiser with some sporting aspirations, this is a great car. As an out an out performance car, it is certainly lacking in dynamics, most noticeably noise - I can't hear the engine or the exhaust note at all, really. Steering is a little remote, but not too bad, handling can't compare to my Golf on H&R coilovers, but at least I get to keep my fillings over speedbumps and other 'minor' road imperfections. The V6 immediately feels more eager than my chipped 4motion, and with the windows wound down and the stereo off, what little exhaust and engine note I can hear sounds pretty good - just needs to be a tad louder.

Still getting used to the DSG box. In full auto, combined with cruise it is just the ultimate lazy man's car. Through the twisties in tiptronic mode it isn't as directly involving as a manual, but no lift upchanges with no loss of drive, plus the rev matching blips on downchanges more than compensate. Another point in DSGs favour is that I'm not the most accomplished driver in the world, so I can probably get more advantage out of this over a manual than a better driver would.

Overall, so far it looks like it could be the perfect package for me as family bloke with 1 little 'un, probably more on the way in the not too distant future, who gets stuck in m3/m25 traffic a lot but enjoys the odd blast when the opportunity arises.

And yes, filled up twice already. Gentle motorway cruise back from Hull at around 80-ish got me over 28mpg, so I'm not too unhappy with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad the hand over went ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So what about some pics?

Glasgow to Leicester and back on the M6/A50 took three tanks or £150 in Optimax. Just gotta love thrashing that 3.2 V6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think mine was from Leicester too... the leasing company (company car) basically found them to be the cheapest, and I got it delivered on the back of a lorry at 7.30am! (I live in London BTW)

pics will follow after a good wash and wax - the valeters at the dealer were absolute pants, then the trip up to Hull and back mean that the car is covered in road dirt and flies etc. To be fair, the garage offered to re-valet it, but I was too eager to get on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pic taken when I picked car up - should have taken a few more, but was more concerned with looking for scratches and checking that the spec was right. Still got a big grin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

a3front.jpg

No Quattro badge on the grill?
Dont they fit them on the Sportsback?
They do on the three door. (But no sportsline badge)