8P2 S-Line front bumper fitment with Xenons

JPK

Reaction score
I think I might have made a mistake when I bought an S-Line front bumper for a price I couldnt pass up..

I have factory Xenons and the bumper I have picked up doesnt have the little covers below the lights like
the below bumper does. Are the covers essential? Anything I can do about it?

222259138_full.jpg

Those 'covers' are for the headlight wash system. If you have xenons they are required by law to have the headlight washers along with self levelling.

i.e the bumper has come from a car without xenons yeah?

so no washers....

so no good for your xenons :(

Gutted... and there isnt much of a market here for A3 modifications down here in NZ. Might have a bit of difficulty on selling.

Gutted... and there isnt much of a market here for A3 modifications down here in NZ. Might have a bit of difficulty on selling.

Check with New Zealand legislation to see if they are required. If not, then no problem !!!

If you do decide not to do the washer holes make sure you deactivate the washers themselves otherwise hey will hit the inside of your bumper and spray your engine bay!

Would it just be a matter of disconnecting them if legalisation doesnt require them? There wouldnt be any other differences to the actual bumper?

Well as you already have the mechanisms behind the bumper, surely you could take the car to a bodyshop and get the holes cut, smoothed and the pieces of bumper attached to the mechanism.

Problem is the fixings for the water jets are part of the bumper, so he'd have to remove the plastic welded parts of old bumper & bond onto new, for me its not a good way forward, as I suspect the cutouts wont match up to as good as oem & given location any minor miscut will be very noticeable.

Will sell it I think. Thanks for the help.

i did this when i bought my sline front but i had the garage to just cut them out and sort it out for me.

This is it after they cut the hole:

DSCN2006.jpg

here it is when i first picked it up after it was done:

DSCN2021.jpg

DSCN2018.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

as you can see it wasnt a bad job at all and it can be done!

Looks like a good job! :applaus:

JPK...if the bumper you bought was cheap enough, this may be worth while!

:yahoo:

TBH me being more anal, I'd notice that a mile away & its on the front so would annoy the hell out of me.