Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

3 Door S3 Side Skirts - Part Number Request

Sorry guys, but I've searched the forum and only come across a complete parts list for 5 Door S3 skirts. Can't find anything for 3 Doors

Spoke to TPS who quoted around £500 inc. vat for skirts, end caps, new bottom door blades and new sills.... However, I'm not sure if I need any further parts on top of this!? Nor do I know the part numbers for the required fixings

If anybody has a complete parts list I'd be very greatful if you could post it up

Thanks very much

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to bump this lads but I know quite a few have fitted these skirts, so I'm sure somebody (anybody!!) has a complete parts list for it all

Or maybe there's another way of finding out the numbers that I'm unaware of? (my local Audi refuse to give out part numbers, so they're a no go)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks very much for that link Kelvin. I tried calling him but unfortunately the number appears to be dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin_S View Post
    But really you only need the skirts, end caps, glue and a sander.
    Can you expand on this please mate? I was under the impression you needed to replace the door sill trim (the S-Line version is apparently too wide!?) Also thought I'd need new door blades (the plastic trim that runs along the bottom of the doors)

Thought there'd be more information available on this. Maybe there is, but I'm not searching properly!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers again mate, that seems straightforward enough

Though I'm struggling to work out the reasons for using a rubber tap washer when bonding the skirt to the underside of the car!?

1st Gear

Status
    Just been and ordered the parts from TPS. Unfortunately I took the pansy option and bought the S3 door blades and sill covers as well Just didn't fancy having to trim things, I'd be way out of my skill set (I'm next to useless, basically)

Here's the price breakdown of parts for anybody thinking of doing this mod (remember, if you have a 5 door it'll be considerably more expensive due to the extra trim that you need. You'd probably be looking at over £1K for the parts and fitting/painting). Prices in [] include VAT;

2x S3 Skirts: £255.24 [£306.29]
    2x End Caps: £16.08 [£19.30]
    Fixings: There's an assortment of rivets, screws, nuts and clips (64 in total) [£54.74]
    Total: [£380.33]

Then, if like me you don't fancy trimming the existing door blades and sill covers, you also need to buy:

2x S3 Door Blades: £79.18 [£95.02]
    2x S3 Sill Covers: £80.38 [£96.46]
    New Total: [£571.81]

So there you have it, you can save almost £200 on parts if you trim the existing door blades and sill covers, rather than buying the S3 equivalent

I'm amazed at how much the fixings cost. I think he's ordered more than what I need to be honest
    Last edited by SCFC_Messiah; 27th June 2012 at 15:43.

1st Gear

Status
    I clearly paid over the odds.... lol

Just picked it all up. I've offered the new 'S3' door blades up next to the standard ones still on the car. To the eye they look exactly the same size.... I'm worried they've given me standard door blades rather than the S3 ones to be honest..... Or is the difference in size really that negligible?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SCFC_Messiah View Post
    I clearly paid over the odds.... lol

Just picked it all up. I've offered the new 'S3' door blades up next to the standard ones still on the car. To the eye they look exactly the same size.... I'm worried they've given me standard door blades rather than the S3 ones to be honest..... Or is the difference in size really that negligible?
    I and I'm sure many others here would love to see some pics of your work in progress mate.

I would also like to know how much would need to be trimmed off if using my existing S-Line sill plates (as I'm reluctant to have the S3 badge on the trim and prefer the S-Line trim that is present) - I'm not even sure if it is possible to do using the S-Line trim....
    Imteyaz.

1st Gear

Status
    I planned on putting a picture guide together mate, trouble is it's looking likely that the bodyshop are gonna fit it for me after they've sprayed it, so I probably wont be around to take pictures. I'll see what I can do. Either way I'll post pictures of the finished article in this thread once it's all complete

1st Gear

Status
    Do you have some part numbers?

1st Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SCFC_Messiah View Post
    Just been and ordered the parts from TPS. Unfortunately I took the pansy option and bought the S3 door blades and sill covers as well Just didn't fancy having to trim things, I'd be way out of my skill set (I'm next to useless, basically)

Here's the price breakdown of parts for anybody thinking of doing this mod (remember, if you have a 5 door it'll be considerably more expensive due to the extra trim that you need. You'd probably be looking at over £1K for the parts and fitting/painting). Prices in [] include VAT;

2x S3 Skirts: £255.24 [£306.29]
    2x End Caps: £16.08 [£19.30]
    Fixings: There's an assortment of rivets, screws, nuts and clips (64 in total) [£54.74]
    Total: [£380.33]

Then, if like me you don't fancy trimming the existing door blades and sill covers, you also need to buy:

2x S3 Door Blades: £79.18 [£95.02]
    2x S3 Sill Covers: £80.38 [£96.46]
    New Total: [£571.81]

So there you have it, you can save almost £200 on parts if you trim the existing door blades and sill covers, rather than buying the S3 equivalent

I'm amazed at how much the fixings cost. I think he's ordered more than what I need to be honest
    You won't regret getting the door bottoms mate. It's hard to describe but the S3 doors bottoms kick out and line up with the skirts, Standard door bottoms would just look odd IMO. I've just done this myself and paid a similar price (£525 with a bit of discount)

Get some pics up when your done I'm gonna add mine when I've cleaned it this weekend.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsosic View Post
    Do you have some part numbers?
    I don't sorry buddy. Google for an S3 chassis number and take that to TPS. Audi wont give out part numbers because they're sick of people calling up for numbers then going elsewhere to buy

Be careful though, even with an S3 chassis number TPS still managed to f*ck my order up. They ordered SLine door blades instead of S3, which I didn't find out until it was time to fit!

Quote Originally Posted by A3-black View Post
    You won't regret getting the door bottoms mate. It's hard to describe but the S3 doors bottoms kick out and line up with the skirts
    Check the post date mate, I had my skirts fitted about 6 months ago! I actually echoed your comments in another thread a few days ago (and you replied!) A3 to S3 conversion PICs to come HELP

1st Gear

Status

Now now nobody likes a smart arse! Especially when your trying to help the smart arse! Haha