EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tdi-man

Thread: APR REMAP GONE WRONG

Neutral

Status

APR REMAP GONE WRONG

Hi All

i was at the GTI International yesterday were i was possesed by something and accepted the APR guys offer to remap my A3 2.0 TDI

noticed the power after about half hour and when i got bk to leeds i parked up happy.

later that evening i started my car was ok, as i pulled of a massive cloud of grey spoke came out of my exhaust and kept doing it when i was setting of from standstill. i parked up revd the car up nothing. as i am in traffic or lights pulling away i get the spoke or in second then i excellorate hard.

can anyone help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Is the smoke grey/white or black?
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Neutral

Status
    Greyish

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorty View Post
    Hi All

i was at the GTI International yesterday were i was possesed by something and accepted the APR guys offer to remap my A3 2.0 TDI

noticed the power after about half hour and when i got bk to leeds i parked up happy.

later that evening i started my car was ok, as i pulled of a massive cloud of grey spoke came out of my exhaust and kept doing it when i was setting of from standstill. i parked up revd the car up nothing. as i am in traffic or lights pulling away i get the spoke or in second then i excellorate hard.

can anyone help.
    Take a hint. Rewrite your post in English then someone may understand what your question is.
    Black S3 | MY09 | APR 3.1 Stage 2+ | RNS-E Mk2 | Tints | Titaniums | APR DP | APR HPFP | WALK | H&R SPRINGS | Lamin-X | BlueVAG VAG-Check |

Rarely neutral

Status
    Sounds like it's overfuelling
    Most remapped cars will kick out a bit of smoke under heavy load,but it's more a bit of haze than a cloud of smoke,so something is wrong......ring up and take it back

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the info guys.

have it booked in tonight for 7pm at Awsome GTI in manchester. rang them up yesterday and was told to bring it in tonight to have a look at it. finders crossed its nothing major.

1st Gear

Status
    No smoke no poke

MK5 Golf GT

Status
    Never take your car to Awesome for remaps. they are so crap its unreal, i've just had mine removed due to it over fuelling, the map that they put on hardly even increased boost either! they are not touching my car again.
    Golf MK5 GT TDI | Mapped to 180bhp - 290lbft | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Backbox Delete | Ed30 Rear Valance | Black BBS CH 18"

3rd Gear

Status
    APR map did not go wrong. Call APR, get a VCDS cable and run some logs(they can tell you how) and send it to them.

5th Gear

Status
    I've had 2 cars APR mapped at Awesome and while I think the customer service side is a little lacking, I've had no issues at all with the maps and would recommend them to anybody.
    It's amazing though that as soon as something goes wrong on a mapped car then "it must be the map that's done it" regardless of the hundreds of other potential causes.
    I would say keeping an open mind when things go wrong is a better way to get to the bottom of the problem.
    E93 335i

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

6th Gear

Status
    Awesome customer back up is crap will never buy from them again
    AjayB likes this.
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

4th Gear

Status
    remaps will always bring up impending problems such as coil packs slipped clutches and blown turbos just to mention a few.
    big question is how healthy was your engine prior to this remap.
    where you running low on oil?
    APR where very helpful to me when i had a remap.
    The managing director took my car out on the road to do a live log with a laptop plugged to my car taking it upto 100MPH on a "private strip" then went on to rewrite another map.
    speak to Keith at the head office in MILTON KEYNES.

6th Gear

Status
    whos the big chief at awesome ?
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayB View Post
    Never take your car to Awesome for remaps. they are so crap its unreal, i've just had mine removed due to it over fuelling, the map that they put on hardly even increased boost either! they are not touching my car again.
    Ajay you had your car remapped in October last year (9 months ago)
    If you gave us a call about any issues we would of more than happy to get the vehicle in and diagnose.
    Becuase you have had the remap done else where we can not carry out any FOC diagnostics.
    The remap we put on your vehicle has been used 100's of BKD engines with out an issue.
    And just to clarify the person who is having issues with his car above was mapped by APR not Awesome.
    And a issue was found with the car not the remap.
    We are always here to look after customers. If you have an issue please give us the opportunity to have look and
    rectify if needed.
    Last edited by AwesomeHassan; 6th July 2012 at 12:58.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    Awesome customer back up is crap will never buy from them again
    Hello there,
    What was the issue? Is there anything I can do to help?
    If you wish to discuss anything please feel free to contact me on 0161 776 077 and option 1

Thanks