Stage 2/2+ advice

TimJK

Reaction score
Looking for some advice.

Car history;

Audi s3 8p 2008
Standard s3 map with itg intake
Then got a stage 1 remap
Then fitted a turbo back milltek and autotech pump internals.

So what I'm wandering is further options, can I get away with a stage 2+ map without changing the clutch?

Should I go stage 2 map only?

Is there anything else recommended eg Injectors etc before map?

What are the expected power figures for all options?

Thanks

Youll need a clutch to be honest, it will slip straight away, oh + miss stage 2 out. :)

+ RS4 Fuel Valve.

Stage 2 = 330bhp

360bhp at stage 2+

Stage 2 is quick dont get me wrong, but youve done the internals....your at stage 2+ almost...

Hi tim i,m on stage 2+ with standard clutch for 8 months ,you will need a full miltek ,rs4 pressure value,get stage2+ software and start saving for a clutch...we are talking revo stage 2+...:)

Hi tim i,m on stage 2+ with standard clutch for 8 months ,you will need a full miltek ,rs4 pressure value,get stage2+ software and start saving for a clutch...we are talking revo stage 2+...:)

You serious??

You gotta have a toned down map....

toned down ,cause i have a oem clutch? :)

toned down ,cause i have a oem clutch? :)

Ive heard of tuners "toning" down the map to suit the hardware i.e the standard clutch. then upping the power to suit uprated clutch.

GNJ had to do this with his?

Ahh right got ya,to be honest should have changed the clutch months ago ,lol GNJ is running shark,i,m running revo...

Well it does kinda suggest that Sharks output figures(torque) would seem higher? (which, in reality im surprised) I doubt its aggression, its shark afterall...smoothflow ;)

I suppose his clutch could have been shot anyhow.

Well done for saving the standard clutch so long, you must have been driving like a daisy for the past 8 months... :)

Haha not you as well :) yeah i dont hammer it much ..

Looking for some advice.

Car history;

Audi s3 8p 2008
Standard s3 map with itg intake
Then got a stage 1 remap
Then fitted a turbo back milltek and autotech pump internals.

So what I'm wandering is further options, can I get away with a stage 2+ map without changing the clutch?

Should I go stage 2 map only?

Is there anything else recommended eg Injectors etc before map?

What are the expected power figures for all options?

Thanks

STAGE 2 CHECK LIST - 330BHP

MAP

INTAKE

TURBOBACK EXHAUST

(piggy bank should be filling up with coin for new clutch)

STAGE 2+ CHECK LIST - 360BHP

MAP

INTAKE

TURBOBACK EXHAUST

FUEL PUMP INTERNALS

RS4 FUEL VALVE

UPRATED CLUTCH ( LUK DMF + SACHS or SMF + SPEC)

(Optional uprated cooling i.e twintercooler)

Very important to upgrade or regularly check the cam follower.

By this stage suspension and brakes perhaps may be an idea worth looking into.

I may have missed something... think thats it though, hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm running stage 2+ for a month or two now with no issues on standard clutch. car is really strong and powerful and has a lots more power and torque than it had on stage2 but different tuner. and before that i did 16000 miles on stage2 with 450 Nm of torque with few occasional slips. it all depends how you drive it and if it's cold or hot weather. if you're doing 0-60 launches, and wot it in 5th or 6th from low rpm's then you're going to kill it soon...

Reactions: kash_v
You only need the rs4 valve if running a map that request higher fuel pressure than physically possible (lmao) like revo. APR maps dont need this and dont have a flat spot.

There are other quality exhaust options available out there also than the generic over priced milltek.

And yes with those mods you can jump straight to stage 2 plus code.

lol yeah, you can blind your opponents with it, they would be forced to slow down

i have stage2+ too, if your gunna be pacing like i have, the sach clutch wont last long, ive been advised to look into SPEC clutchs :s

My ears are burning :)

It has to be said that the previous owner of my S3 had Revo stage 2 for about 10k miles before I bought the car standard. So the clutch had already had a tough life. We loaded the stage 3 on at Shark after I had installed all the hardware and the look on Mikko's face as it hit 5krpm on the rollers said it all. I knew it was on borrowed time :)

I have the LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel and Sachs 550nm clutch plate and it is fantastic. I get a little chatter/rattle at idle but it is worth it as the clutch will handle a lot more power than the S3 has currently, which I guess is around 350-360bhp on Shark stage 3.

We can supply the LOBA kit I have for £810 delivered. A bargain if you ask me.

EDIT: Shameless plug, but the above talked about S3 is now for sale if anyone wants to buy a ready modified 350+bhp S3 :)

Reactions: Kelza
My ears are burning :)

It has to be said that the previous owner of my S3 had Revo stage 2 for about 10k miles before I bought the car standard. So the clutch had already had a tough life. We loaded the stage 3 on at Shark after I had installed all the hardware and the look on Mikko's face as it hit 5krpm on the rollers said it all. I knew it was on borrowed time :)

I have the LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel and Sachs 550nm clutch plate and it is fantastic. I get a little chatter/rattle at idle but it is worth it as the clutch will handle a lot more power than the S3 has currently, which I guess is around 350-360bhp on Shark stage 3.

We can supply the LOBA kit I have for £810 delivered. A bargain if you ask me.

EDIT: Shameless plug, but the above talked about S3 is now for sale if anyone wants to buy a ready modified 350+bhp S3 :)
that's a really good price for LOBA kit!

Right thanks for input. I think best to map it then see how long the clutch lasts! Save money in the mean time that way. If it does go then thats my luck.

I've had the car since 10k and not driven stupidly. Its now on 25k.

What's this rs4 valve? Can I drill out the s3 one?

Well if they are the same size fitting then all that needs doing is drilling out the centre to increase flow?! Does anyone know the size of the orifice in the centre? Also it doesn't look alward to get to if I imagine it's one of the fuel pump casing brass fittings?

What's this rs4 valve? Can I drill out the s3 one?

Just don't even think of this.

The RS4 valve is only about £50,and if you did some sort of DIY job,you'd have no idea of the flow or pressures.

If I knew the correct size though then that's the same as shelling out on the valve. I worked for Audi for 5 years and now work fabricating offshore compressors so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. Just don't know the size difference.

If I knew the correct size though then that's the same as shelling out on the valve. I worked for Audi for 5 years and now work fabricating offshore compressors so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. Just don't know the size difference.

It may be something as simple as the spring rate in the regulator,or the area or any other dimension in there,but my point is that it costs little compared to a new engine.

Anyway....I wouldn't!

Cars going in Saturday for stage 2, however still wandering if I would get away with 2+ on standard clutch and flywheel?! Tempted to go for that instead.

I would budget for a clutch.

I've come from 2 modded 8L 225 S3's over the last 10 years.

Having changed to a MY11 S3
I had a chat with my tuner. I trust their advice and appreciate their honesty.

They recommend to factor in the price of an upgrade clutch even with a stage 1 remap, suggesting that it would only be a matter of time.

Considering my car had covered less than 4k miles, that's not going to happen anytime soon!

For the moment, I will stay standard and look out for a tidy low miles high spec RS3 when they have depreciated like the TTRS has.

Cars going in Saturday for stage 2, however still wandering if I would get away with 2+ on standard clutch and flywheel?! Tempted to go for that instead.
yes you would if you won't have stand still starts and flooring it in 4,5,6th gear from 2000 rpm's. mine was all good until i had a itch to try 0-60 which never happened due to massive clutch slip. proper driving untill that was all good.

The stock DMF is actually OK until well into the 400lb+ range,but the clutch is not.
You could possibly have Stg2+ loaded and use the car,but as soon as you exercise your right foot,the clutch is living on borrowed time.
Even at Stg2,you should budget on clutch replacement at some point,and the Sachs or Loba organics make an excellent choice.

Well I will stick with standard DMF and deal with the clutch when it happens. See how I get on! I'd prefer to go stage 2+ just for the extra oomph. Won't be planning on anymore than that.

I would budget for a clutch.

I've come from 2 modded 8L 225 S3's over the last 10 years.

Having changed to a MY11 S3
I had a chat with my tuner. I trust their advice and appreciate their honesty.

They recommend to factor in the price of an upgrade clutch even with a stage 1 remap, suggesting that it would only be a matter of time.

Considering my car had covered less than 4k miles, that's not going to happen anytime soon!

For the moment, I will stay standard and look out for a tidy low miles high spec RS3 when they have depreciated like the TTRS has.
Hopefully the Rs3 won't depreciate as rapidly as the ttrs due to there being a LOT less of them.. But mine will be up for sale in about 3 years (or so) :)

Anyone got any links for clutches, not sure which ones marry up to standard DMF.

I'd also like to know this, been on google but everyone of the links is for a SMF. I'll be going stage 2+ soon, just need a hpfp and a sachs clutch.

I'd also like to know this, been on google but everyone of the links is for a SMF. I'll be going stage 2+ soon, just need a hpfp and a sachs clutch.
The Sachs will work with the stock DMF.....AMDEssex know the part numbers,but someone else here will no doubt as well.