Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Farhan

Thread: Lowered Eibach Sportlines with 13mm & 10mm Spacers - Pic Heavy

5th Gear

Status

Lowered Eibach Sportlines with 13mm & 10mm Spacers - Pic Heavy

Took some shots yesterday night with the new set up, Ride is superb so much better than the S Line set up. Springs need to settle as i only fitted them on friday evening.

I do have a fair bit of rubbing on the driver side rear fronts are absolutely perfect and comfortable for daily driving. Pics below

Also im considering 215/40/18s to help with the rubbing and also removing the rear arch screw, hopefully that should help but if anyone has photos of 215s on please do post them up as it will help me decide on them.

Thanks
    Digzz, ~RS~, MartayMcFly and 3 others like this.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Car looks very nice mate! The car wash in Waterloo makes for a good pic backdrop, gotta take some down there myself.

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks good bro! How is it with two fattys in the back?
    55' BMW 330Cd M Sport
    The ones that have been left behind:
    • 2004 VW Golf R32
    • 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport
    • 2000 BMW 318i M Sport
    Private plate for sale: Y 7RYY

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    At last!!! Looks good brother.

Just noticed the people in the back. Was thinking it looked lower than mine at the back.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Looks good bro! How is it with two fattys in the back?
    Thanks bro, Its pretty bad as i had only one passenger yesterday who weighs circa 70kg but the rear right had alot of rubbing with fast road driving. Especially within city there are so many bad roads. No doubt if i ran 10mm at the rear it would be fine but i wanted 13mm for at least 2 months as i want to attend some shows. I will try 215/40/18s with the rear arch screws removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Car looks very nice mate! The car wash in Waterloo makes for a good pic backdrop, gotta take some down there myself.
    Thanks Fella, Yea defo we went out for a lot of photos yesterday of the city, First time i have ever really used my camera at night. Im still learning so will probably do alot more. Need to invest in a better lens as most of mine have been shot with a fixed 16mm macro lens.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    At last!!! Looks good brother.

Just noticed the people in the back. Was thinking it looked lower than mine at the back.
    Ahh yea, however as mentioned a few days ago it has come out a bit reverse rakey, Im hoping with time the front will settle alot more level. I think it could possibly be because my engine/gearbox combo is lighter being smaller. Whereas on your model you have the DSG box and the larger 2.0T unit which lets it stance up a bit better.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Wow, Farhan, car, pics and setting are stunning! Very very nice indeedy, Fella. Love how it's sitting (even with peeps in the back seat, lol). xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    Ahh yea, however as mentioned a few days ago it has come out a bit reverse rakey, Im hoping with time the front will settle alot more level. I think it could possibly be because my engine/gearbox combo is lighter being smaller. Whereas on your model you have the DSG box and the larger 2.0T unit which lets it stance up a bit better.
    Thinking back, mine did drop slightly more at the front over time. The rear stayed the same but the front probably gets beat down by the weight of the engine etc bouncing up and down on the springs.

Get them rats and their food back for addition weight in your engine bay!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Wow, Farhan, car, pics and setting are stunning! Very very nice indeedy, Fella. Love how it's sitting (even with peeps in the back seat, lol). xx
    Thanks Paullie, Setting was great just one concern so many rats and paintcans there. Its a shame as the tunnel is great but far to much rubbish and waste everywhere.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    Looks nice bro, sweet pics too!

You'd be amazed how much rubbing is reduced by removing those stupid rear arch screws

What headlight bulbs you running?
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moag View Post
    Looks nice bro, sweet pics too!

You'd be amazed how much rubbing is reduced by removing those stupid rear arch screws

What headlight bulbs you running?
    Thanks man, The headlamps are Bi-Xenons and the bulbs im using are D1S 8000k

Sideways

Status
    Looks awesome mate. I was upset when I found out you couldn't get sport lines for the Quattro. Spacers give it a real nice stance that still looks drivable. Nice pics too.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Looking good Farhan!!
    you gonna be at the next Ace Cafe meet? If so I'll catch up with you then mate.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

5th Gear

Status
    Hopefully danny yes, when is the next meet? I havent seen a thread up yet

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    Hopefully danny yes, when is the next meet? I havent seen a thread up yet
    Normally the last Tuesday of every month mate.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Farhan! dude that is looking so sweet now!

love the way the light shines off your car... you need to go over my car with your polisher once i get the body work corrected.

remove the arch screws before changing tyres though as you may find that solves your rubbing issues
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Nice Farhan Always been a fan of your A3 since i saw it last year at Ace Cafe Audi meet and instantly fell in love with that colour! Now i've got one too but a TDI!

Get some lower profile tyres and you'll be fine dude.
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

flying oyster

Status
    looks good farhan saw ads at ace and thought it nice and pratical with all the speed bumps around these days time for a change for me thinks
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

6th Gear

Status
    Looks lovely in the new photos and very clean mate. I want your headlights! :P
    Just remove the screw and get lower profile tyres and you will be fine. Was going to go for the same tyre size choice as you when i had my old 18" bbs splits as they were et32 and would rub. Any other plans fella?
    Last edited by Ash B; 15th May 2012 at 14:47.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Farhan! dude that is looking so sweet now!

love the way the light shines off your car... you need to go over my car with your polisher once i get the body work corrected.

remove the arch screws before changing tyres though as you may find that solves your rubbing issues
    Thanks Ash, Certainly once your cars back and looking fresh im sure we can hook something up.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Troopa View Post
    Nice Farhan Always been a fan of your A3 since i saw it last year at Ace Cafe Audi meet and instantly fell in love with that colour! Now i've got one too but a TDI!

Get some lower profile tyres and you'll be fine dude.
    Cheers dude, Lava is a lovely color will be sure to try and catch up with you at the next ace meet, Looks like 215s are certainly on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    looks good farhan saw ads at ace and thought it nice and pratical with all the speed bumps around these days time for a change for me thinks
    Certainly, I sat in adams car before i decided and i thought this is comfy and would be the best compromise in terms of comfort and lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Looks lovely in the new photos and very clean mate. I want your headlights! :P
    Just remove the screw and get lower profile tyres and you will be fine. Was going to go for the same tyre size choice as you when i had my old 18" bbs splits as they were et32 and would rub. Any other plans fella?
    Ill give that a go this weekend and remove the screw, Plans are pretty much on hold now maybe a rns-e later down the line but im specced up well i think. Im probably going to hold back as i really want an S3 or 335i next. Starting a new job soon so im hoping not long till the change over.