S3 electric folding mirrors

RYes3

Reaction score
Hi,

I pick my brand new S3 up on Thursday. It's been a long road as Audi refused my order due to missing the cut-off for 3 door A/S3's :(. Therefore I had to find one in stock or its way into stock. I found one pretty close to the spec I want anyhow.

Question is, can electric folding mirrors be retro fitted? My dealer say's they will look into it but I would like to hear it from here really.

To anyone who has them, do they have extra controls or is it purely triggered off lock/ignition on?

Thanks

Yes I can retrofit them for you, PM if interested.

Depends on few things, like what year is your car, did you want the led indicators if your car is pre 08.

Thanks guy's, so how do the OEM mirrors work? Is there a switch in the car?

Yes there is a switch, same one used for mirror glass movement.

Yes I can fit the whole oem from factory system :)

Brilliant, thanks for that, I will be in contact soon if the dealer doesn't do it :)

Few more funds and Nigel knows im gonna be gettin this sorted on ze car - great addition and makes a massive difference! ;)

As long as you are aware that they don't fold / unfold when you lock / unlock the car like on some other Audis (and most cars with folding mirrors tbh). You have to fiddle with the switch everytime! PITA if you ask me!

Really, thats not what the dealer told me?

You have to fiddle with the switch everytime! PITA if you ask me!

You're joking right, fiddle with the switch, it takes 2 seconds to turn the switch to fold/unfold, hows that a pita, really??

Reactions: carman
Not a problem for me if its a manual thing, its not cosmetic for me so that doesn't bother me :)

I only fold mine when I'm driving and a chelsea tractor driven by a snobby mum comes driving the other way and I want to show them how little trust I have in their driving :lmfao: I do it even if they're gonna pass me easliy - I find their scowls brighten up my day a little..
Seriously though, although it would be cool on the fob, it's really not a problem using the switch, although they will only fold/unfold up to about 9mph (unless I've missed a thread at some point explaining how to code this out:shrug:)

Is this possible for the 8L chassis? Surely there must be a way to trigger a signal for the mirrors to unfold on unlocking the car? The switch could be an overide....

Can I buy one and get it sent to me? Nhn :)

Buy one what?

Is this possible for the 8L chassis? Surely there must be a way to trigger a signal for the mirrors to unfold on unlocking the car? The switch could be an overide....

Yes I did this to my S3 8L many moons ago, worked very well & did full closure aswell, all of 1 click, which I have done to my 8P :)

How much would a retrofit cost on a 12 plate?

im really gonna have to get this fold on lock malarkey working as i barely fold mine as it, ill do it when i sort my wiring for autodim

You're joking right, fiddle with the switch, it takes 2 seconds to turn the switch to fold/unfold, hows that a pita, really??

I guess it depends on what you've become used to. I find the whole ignition key thing a pain having had a keyless car now!