Dealership Choice - Central Scotland

bigyin

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question for anyone in the central scotland area thats used the dealerships.

My car is due a service and MOT. Service is free as part of the service plan I got when I bought the car and the MOT is covered by the Audi waranty so I have to take the car to the dealership. I've used perth a couple of times and had no real issue with them, but it was for diagnostic work and to replace a key neither of which meant they actually had to do anything!

Perth and Edinburgh are the 2 closest to me, has anyone here used either for servicing etc so I can decide which is the best place to take the car. Each dealership is different with some having decent reputations and others having poor reputations. Interested in any experiences of these dealerships so that I can make an informed choice.

Thanks in anticipation

Its just the interim service, oil / filter changes. It had its major service when I bought it at 37k, now on 43k. Kwikfit?? I'd rather do it myself lol. I normally use independants for servicing of my cars, but seeing as I'm getting 2 years free servicing, I figured I should use it.

wouldnt use dundee, least of all for paintwork

if youre happy with perth go there, not heard anything bad, my dad would do servicework but like you say if youve got it free use audi ;)

Aberdeen is rated the top dealer in the UK apparently

I use the main dealership in Sighthill, Edinburgh. Never had any problems with them. Customer service is amazing especially when Kiera is working....she's a gem. Very up-market, custom built premises and nothing is too much hassle.

I use the main dealership in Sighthill, Edinburgh. Never had any problems with them. Customer service is amazing especially when Kiera is working....she's a gem. Very up-market, custom built premises and nothing is too much hassle.

Sighthill changed my loom and injectors under warranty. Got my car back, oil leaking from engine. They never changed the rocker cover gaskett, just used the old one and it had a split in in it.

First impressions last, would never use them. I go to Autohaus at Loanhead, Audi independent.

Well I suppose I'll have to be my own test subject. I'll give perth a shot and see how it goes. Its a sad state of affairs when most people would rather use independants rather than dealerships, doesnt really say much for the dealer network does it! I have 2 years free servicing and I was contemplating just forgetting that and taking it to my local independant (Star Performance) instead. I wonder if audi uk are aware of such disregard for their dealership network, of if they even care!

ive heard good things about star, if you struggle to get anything done my dads garage is based in forfar and he wil take it on but there will be a waiting list ;)