RS3 part numbers

So what part do i need to order to get the rs3 rear arch extension/mini splash guard, is it the wheel liner as i have just spoken to audi and they can only find an s specific wheel liner and not an rs, someone must know what this part is surely?

Thanks
Chris

I was playing with an rs3 yesterday at gti international and I found that the little spoiler is actually on the rear bumper and not the arch liner. Now im not sure if it is attached to the bumper by screw or stuck on but it is definitely separate from the liner.
Obviously the revo guys wouldn't let me take the rear bumper off to examine properly but it should help find the part number

we have searched to death on ETKA and not found it, i have a feeling its attached to the RS3 rear bumper which is essentially an Sline bumper. if i get the chance (might just visit the local Audi dealership) i will try to get that part off to get a part number.

Why would you whant this?
Have I missed anything?

Did anyone checked the adjustable spoiler thing?

Well where the top of the piece we want starts there is a screw where the bumper attaches so maybe this part sits between the bumper and that screw??

Chris

yh thats what i felt yesterday, i pushed my finger up past the liner and could feel that the peice was separate from the arch liner and just on the bumper.

Fair enough, i bet u had your torx at the ready just incase ;) Unfortunately my local dealership doesn't have any rs3's if they did i am sure i could persuade them

Chris

my local audi had an RS3 but its been a while since i popped in there... they know me fairly well so dont think they will be surprised if i went in with a tool kit :jester:

iv been looking at a few pictures of a RS3 and this RS3 doesnt seem to have rear arch extension :S.

224.jpg

221.jpg

100.jpg

Reactions: ch1z64 and quattro81
Can anyone confirm that the RS3 rear diffuser will fit an 8P3 S3 bumper/valance without any modification? :think:

No!! it needs modification to the bottom, on the rs3 rear diffuser the two screws on the bottom of the car attach to the diffuser, on the s3 diffuser the rear valance of the bumper attaches to the bottom of the car and not the diffuser itself, if you want to attach the rs3 diffuser to your bumper you will need to cut two grooves in the bottom of your bumper so that the diffuser can screw onto the bottom of the car

Chris

Can anyone confirm that the RS3 rear diffuser will fit an 8P3 S3 bumper/valance without any modification? :think:

I have an White A3 BE sportback and have planned to do a S3 conversion but instead of the grey S3 rear diffuser i want to install a rs3 diffuser too . I think Akoya said he had to cut his bumper a bit but i doubt it will be that hard to attach .Im still contemplating if i should get the diffuser with the aluminium trim or not :/

If you have a black front grill get the all black, if you have chrome grille get the alu as it matches, that was how i decided!!

Chris

No!! it needs modification to the bottom, on the rs3 rear diffuser the two screws on the bottom of the car attach to the diffuser, on the s3 diffuser the rear valance of the bumper attaches to the bottom of the car and not the diffuser itself, if you want to attach the rs3 diffuser to your bumper you will need to cut two grooves in the bottom of your bumper so that the diffuser can screw onto the bottom of the car

Chris
Damn, I was under the impression that only the pre-facelift S3 had to have modifications done to the valance.

Do you perhaps know of any guide to doing it on the facelift model? Want to have a look to see what I'm in for before buying the part ;)

No, there is no guide, i only know this from comparing the two diffusers and the rs3 one has no clips on the bottom so needs screwing to the bottom of the car whereas the s3 one clips in all the way around, you can get an rs3 bottom part of the bumper if you like to replace your s3 one but that will need painting and it requires the bumper off to replace it

Chris

:slapped: , Acheron you need to cut your s3 diffuser to get the rs3 valance to fit, its hard to discribe but its been done before. iv done it and also virdee has. audi does not supply the valance in alu colour you have to spray it yourself, chris just seen you pm replied now.

ash we need to find this bit lol and iv already got the glossy pillars ;)

Ok, well I've ordered the diffuser in the meantime. If I can't figure out how to mod it to fit I'll simply order the RS3 valance and have it sprayed Ibis white ;)

:slapped: , Acheron you need to cut your s3 diffuser to get the rs3 valance to fit, its hard to discribe but its been done before. iv done it and also virdee has. audi does not supply the valance in alu colour you have to spray it yourself, chris just seen you pm replied now.

ash we need to find this bit lol and iv already got the glossy pillars ;)

How much did you pay for your glossy pillars ? I really need a pair.

cannot remember!
prices are always changing but its somewhere from £35 - £45 a side.

the 3 door fitting requires 3 rivets to be drilled out of original pillare and then when fitting the glossy ones you need to use the rivet gun to put the new rivets back in.
the sportback is easier by just removing the 2 torx screws under the plate.

Yes mate totally possible

I had to cut the lower spoiler slightly but no grooves

Youll see when you get it and offer it up to the car.

Its not the easiest of jobs, but take your time and suss out what's the best way to fit it.

I had to make a small bracket for one of the middle mounting screws.

Yes mate totally possible

I had to cut the lower spoiler slightly but no grooves

Youll see when you get it and offer it up to the car.

Its not the easiest of jobs, but take your time and suss out what's the best way to fit it.

I had to make a small bracket for one of the middle mounting screws.
Cheers, Virdee. Found your build thread with the comparison pics of the two. I can see what you guys are on about now ;)

That link you have posted has the same part number as the one i used

Chris
It's also the one my local parts guy confirmed as belonging to the RS3, but the list at the top of thread states otherwise. Might be wise to update this if the OP would be so kind :)

Any progress on finding the part numbers for the little bumper spoilers?? Felt them on an rs3 at good wood and not sure how they attach, we must be able to find them somehow, if someone crashed there rs3 they must be able to order these parts surely?

Chris