Flap by rear view mirror!

M

mjr901

Just sat in the car and noticed there's a flap between the roof lights and the rear view mirror. Is this like a mini sunviser for my mirror? I dont have the lights pack so no auto dim..is this the manual sort of version? (S3 8p BE 2012)

its a mini sun visor

This discovery has pretty much made my day tbh! Quite sad really :laugh:

Had one on my Golf V6 4motion and now the S3. Awesome bit of kit! :rockwoot:

My mate has a A3 3.2 Quattro and he was stoked when he realised he had one too! :racer: We need a new emoticon for the mini visor!

I drove home from work with it down....It didnt need to be... i just wanted to see it....tell it how much i missed it....and how i'm gonna make it up to it for not realising it was there.......:friends:

i must admit i was happy when i found mine too! (the small things eh?)
nearly as happy as when i noticed my radio had an in dash 6 cd changer! ( i thought i had broke it by putting a disc in when there was 1 in already) ,.........................................it just said disc 2! doh!
or the time i realised if i hold the auto button for a couple of seconds on the climate control, both sides go up and down together!
:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
The mini sun visor is there in lieu of the blackout on the screens that have the rain sensor fitted - found mine when fitting the ambient and map light upgrade :icon_thumright:
Didnt know about holding the auto button in tho gonna try that in the morning :beerchug:

The mini sun visor is there in lieu of the blackout on the screens that have the rain sensor fitted - found mine when fitting the ambient and map light upgrade :icon_thumright:
Didnt know about holding the auto button in tho gonna try that in the morning :beerchug:

The mini sun visor is standard on all A3 and A4 models, plus Mk4, 5 and 6 Golf, Skoda Octavia plus many more I expect. It has nothing to do with rain sensors or light sensors. It's just a clever little thought to stop you getting blinded by the sun when it's low in the sky in the gap between the two main visors and rear view mirror...

mine has rain sensors/black sun band and the mini visor...I think I may play the lottery:superman:

I was so excited the first time I got to use it. I waited weeks for the sun to be in the right position..... then bam, down went the visor and all of a sudden I could see again. Marvellous.

Speaking of visors...

I remember when I found that half sized sun visor that slides out from under the roof lining (the ones just behind the full sized sun visors).
I was so impressed by my find that to this day I only use this one, even if its sunny enough to use the full sized one!
I boasted to my mate who also has an A3, thinking he wouldn't know about it. His response......."Uh, didn't you know that was there??? :laugh:".

What, what, WHAT? Tell me more! Is this half sized sun visor on all models?

What, what, WHAT? Tell me more! Is this half sized sun visor on all models?

Yep. Found kind of here (ignore the guy disassembling the pillar)...

sunvisor.jpg

Ads i honestly dont know of any visor there and i have messed with that area loads to wire in things... i think your pulling someones leg here!

You wont be believe how disappointed I was when I realised he was on a wind up. W*nker :laugh:

Its handy for wiping snots on rather than the carpet or under the seat.