BNS 5.0 CD ROM Sat Nav

pherbert

Reaction score
Hi there all,

Just picked up my new 2.0 TDi 170 Black Edition Sportback and managed to get a cancelled order so no choice on spec. As the car is pretty well spec'd as standard, I wasn't too worried that the car didn't have hardly any extra options, however mine came with the Sat Nav low (not something I would order from scratch) however for how often I use Sat Nav, I thought it would be a nice to have on occasion.

Needless to say, I bought the car, but wanted to pick a few brains on here to see if anyone has this setup with and/or black edition with the bose? My Audi dealer brought in Richter Sport to install an IPOD connection, initially they put in the Denison 100 system, which caused complications with interference, it turns out that the particular 100 setup is not compatible with the BNS 5.0 so therefore they have comeback and installed the Denison Gateway Lite, all things good with the interference now, however I have much lower level IPOD integration (No text display on DIS).

All things considered, reasonably pleased with this setup, however I have now noticed the volume changing randomly as I am driving, initially thought it was Gala, however the engineer states he has seen this before not only on my head unit but also on the Sat Nav high RNS-E when installed with the Bose which is standard on the black edition!!!

Anyone have any solutions or suggestions as there is no Gala menu on my BNS 5.0???

Many thanks

however I have now noticed the volume changing randomly as I am driving, initially thought it was Gala, however the engineer states he has seen this before not only on my head unit but also on the Sat Nav high RNS-E when installed with the Bose which is standard on the black edition!!!

N8 followed the instructions on warrens thread to switch GALA off via vcds. It all was done as stated and all looked EXACTLY the same but the volume still goes up on its own accord! so it didn't work :keule:

I didnt have a hissing problem, so it may still cure that for others

All directions are on dis ,its ok when you get used to it :)

Good system for how often I use Sat Nav, however not so happy with volume/increasing/decreasing randomly when installed with the Bose, no Gala menu to adjust, I have got Richter Sport looking into for me, they are speaking to Audi

Thanks for the input so far, does anyone know about the thread on hiss and a relevant cure, although I now have the Denison lite system which connects my IPOD via the cd changer port, there is a hiss, random volume change, no TMC and also default Sat Nav screen on DIS, all of which I would like a resolve for!! I'm not demanding honest!!

Great thread for the RNS-E/Bose Combo, I wonder if it would work with my setup of BNS 5.0/Bose Combo!!

I seem to be missing a Gala menu and TMC function, all of which are detailed in the manual, so does anyone know why this would have been the case out of the factory. I can sort of understand the Gala as Bose is mean't to do it all independently, however no TMC!!!

:no: