Bye bye A3 Sport, hello A3 Black Edition

boroboy41

Reaction score
After months of waiting I picked up my new motor at the beginning of the month.

Traded in an 04 plate A3 140PS TDi Sport (metallic silver, full 2-tone black-grey leather, storage pack, 5 spoke star alloys, cruise control) after nearly 8 years and 98000 miles of happy motoring. If it wasn't for work insisting I get a new car to comply with company policy I'd still have it. No major issues, only expensive thing that need replacing was the fan assembly when that went. Unfortunately I don't have any pics. In its stead I now have a 12plate A3 170PS TDi Quattro Black Edition (Ibis White with full black S-lIne leather, cruise control, iPod connection, Storage pack, non-smoking kit). I also got talked into the Auto-Glym (well it rounded up to a nice neat number at the end of the day and TBH I think it may be worth it)

Here's what it looked like the day I brought it home

IMG-20120303-00226.jpg

IMG-20120303-00227.jpg

IMG-20120303-00228.jpg

A week later I put some 18" OZ Racing Superturismo GT Matt Black alloys and my old number plates in new holders (didn't like the new drilled ones)

Here at the alloy shop

IMG-20120310-00230.jpg

Back home

IMG-20120321-00239.jpg

IMG-20120321-00241.jpg

IMG-20120321-00242.jpg

IMG-20120321-00243.jpg

IMG-20120321-00244.jpg

nice motor. not been to Revolutions yet with my new car (had it for 3weeks). am afraid to buy loads of thing for it! can't wait to get my German plates in a few days

Haha. Must admit the Revolution guys are a great help. When my old car was in for repair I saw this in the showroom and knew then my next car must be white with black alloys. Pity they couldn't source those paddle rims as options but according to the sales guy the A4 below had been bodykitted before arriving at the dealership.

14062011164.jpg

Spent ages on the web looking at every single alloy Revolution had and the OZ Racing just stood out for me. Took it down there the day I got it to see what they looked like up against the motor. Placed the order and got them fitted the following week. I did order some black bolt covers but TBH I'm starting to like the look of the silver bolts in the wheel

Very nice indeed :icon_thumright:

Did you chop in the old wheels ?

No, I asked but they wouldn't take them off me. I've got them boxed up in the garage. Need to sort out photos and an eBay listing

No, I asked but they wouldn't take them off me. I've got them boxed up in the garage. Need to sort out photos and an eBay listing

Your going to be a rich man haha! alot of people want to buy the rotor wheels on this forum.

Also welcome - very nice spec car :cool:

I must admit the original alloys were very nice when seen in the flesh but I've got no regrets about the change...

...and I've always wanted a Quattro since I was a little boy after seeing (and hearing) the original rally car :icon_thumright:

very nice! sure you will enjoy it :yum: what else do you have planned??

Another Stormtroopermobile.

Haha. I'll have to remember the next time I go out in the middle of the day to wind all the windows down and crank up "The Imperial March" through the BOSE

Its a surprising improvement on my 04 A3 3dr. You can really notice the difference that an extra 30 horses and Quattro make. I've been pottering round on school runs and the odd shopping trip and can't wait to get it out on a long run somewhere soon