Rattleing noise at 1,100 RPM

MTRL

Split Grill!
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of threads on here about people's strange noises coming from their cars so I didn't want to have to add another.
However I cant find one with the noise I have.

Its a rattle that sounds to me as if it is coming from somewhere within 1.5 ft distance from the steering wheel.
It ONLY happens at 1,100 RPM. No more, no less.

I thought it may be a fuse or the fuse removal tool that has come out and is ratteling around but after taking the pannel off it seems to be a bit deeper in than that.

I have recentlly had my cambelt done and the noise has turned up maybe 2 weeks after that.

I was wandering if anybody else has had and fixed the same problem. Or if anybody has any ideas on what it could be.

Thanks.

Last edited:
11,000 rpm!? that's some serious rev'n!!! 1,100rpm perhaps ;)

Reactions: M88UES
I know there are a lot of threads on here about people's strange noises coming from their cars so I didn't want to have to add another.
However I cant find one with the noise I have.

Its a rattle that sounds to me as if it is coming from somewhere within 1.5 ft distance from the steering wheel.
It ONLY happens at 11,000 RPM. No more, no less.

I thought it may be a fuse or the fuse removal tool that has come out and is ratteling around but after taking the pannel off it seems to be a bit deeper in than that.

I have recentlly had my cambelt done and the noise has turned up maybe 2 weeks after that.

I was wandering if anybody else has had and fixed the same problem. Or if anybody has any ideas on what it could be.

Thanks.

I'm surprised it's in one piece at 11000rpm. I assume you mean 1100rpm? Could be loads of things really although I did have a vibration on my last car after cambelt which I never got to the bottom of.

VTEC.png

11000RPM brother its going to rattle!

Reactions: M88UES
I have a vibration on mine around the same revs and I've just had my cam belt done, however my vibration was there before this. In fact it's done pretty much since the car was new....

Haha, :tocktock: yea its 1,100 RPM.

Forgot to mention its 2.0 FSI sport

Does it sound like it's coming from the pedal area?

No it sounds like its a bit higher up than that, I cant 100% place it but I think its directly down from the wiper arm about the height of the bottom of the steering wheel.