EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

TDI Tuning Boxes

Has anyone here got one of these at the moment , or had one? A colleague at work had one on his Diesel Astra for a few years with no problems. Just looking for any reviews from people on here, who have had them, not just hearsay!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Speak to ABYSS he owns DTUK who are also a site sponsor
    (53) Graphite A3 2.0 TDI (Sport) Avionics aircraft engineer, currently based in oxforshire working on Merlin EH101 Support helpicopter

1st Gear

Status
    does anyone one if anyone on here has done any testing or reviews on these boxes? I've read some good reviews on them on other sites, but havent heard of anyone on this forum actually owning one. I'm interested to see how different the pedal box is to the engine bay box.

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by plezz View Post
    does anyone one if anyone on here has done any testing or reviews on these boxes? I've read some good reviews on them on other sites, but havent heard of anyone on this forum actually owning one. I'm interested to see how different the pedal box is to the engine bay box.
    The pedal box can be used on its own, or with a remap/tuning box.

In the case of the 1.6TDI, my personal feelings are that the pedal box is the best option as it utilises the power you have and doesnt involving any "tuning" of the engine which is causing most tuners issues,

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

1st Gear

Status
    I fitted a TDi Tuning box on my 2.0 pd140 in November, so far so problems. Made a big difference in MPG on a decent trip and def noticably more torque.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Abyss, when you say tuners issues, do you know what kind of issues they are having? i heard the tuning boxes can get the TDI up to about 130-135bhp is this not the case in reality? or do they run rough etc? And i can't imagine the pedal box being able to achieve something similar, gains wise.

unfortunately funds are limited at the moment, and i'd rather get cruise control installed first. So i'm really doing some research for the future. i should be more swayed by the pedal box as its what you would recommend and its cheaper. i think i just like the idea that the chip connects under the bonnet, where the good stuff happens - so i associate that with somehow being superior to just a 'modified pedal' to the untrained eye.

Derv Perv

Status
    I've got a dtuk box on my 2.0 TDI BKD engine. Been on since June last year. No problems and big power increase for the money. Better mpg too on a normal drive.