Monster MotorsportBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Bluetooth module location??

Hi. I have a 2007 model S3 and when I bought it, it had a kenwood sat nav head unit in it. I want to put an rnse unit in but I'm not sure if I have Bluetooth in the car already. It has a phone prep thing in the arm rest but not sure if that's just in all the arm rests.
    I also have a iPod unit in the glove box but not sure if it will work??
    Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.
    Mark

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Its under the front passager seat
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just had a quick look and couldn't see it. Gutted. I'll have a Propper look tomorrow in the light. Is it under the carpet??
    Do you know what I need to look for for the iPod connection at all?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchuk View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just had a quick look and couldn't see it. Gutted. I'll have a Propper look tomorrow in the light. Is it under the carpet??
    Do you know what I need to look for for the iPod connection at all?
    No not under the carpet, you should see the little antenna pokeing out of the module. iPod connection will be in the glovebox (AMI or standard iPod connection cable)
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    There's an iPod dock if you like in the glove box were the cd changer would be. Maybe I should just check behind it and make sure it will connect the other end behind the stereo.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    the ipod dock will have a connector block that goes into the back of the RNSE... i think its block B on the back
    once fitted it will need to be coded into the car so that the rnse knows to play songs from it.
    again you could try and code the bluetooth if its in there from factory to see if that works, but as said before its under the passenger seat.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2nd Gear

Status
    I take it you've got a multi-function steering wheel? If so, turn the ignition on and search for bluetooth devices from your phone - something should pop up saying Audi-UHVxxxxx or similar. If that works then you should be able to pair the car using pin 1234 or 1111.
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

6th Gear

Status
    If you have the cradle mount in the armrest, then you have the bluetooth prep, end of
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    I have phone prep in armrest of my car and have multi-function with ads and the shark fin on the roof but when I search for Bluetooth I cant find it, I have looked under my seat and can't see a module, would it be in a different place cos I have buckets or would it still be there. My old s line had phone prep ect and when I scanned for Bluetooth always picked it up strange.
    Current
    2006 56 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition Moro Blue

previous
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic phantom black
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Ibis White
    2005 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI S-tronic Brilliant Red

5th Gear

Status
    I re-correct myself I have just tried again and seems I do have Bluetooth sweet lol
    Current

previous
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey

6th Gear

Status
    Haha, told you.

At no time have Audi ever allowed the cradle mount to be specced without the BT prep itself, so if you have the former, you have the latter (but not the other way around)
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Cool - so both phone prep and your ipod will be fine and dandy with an RNS-E. iPod will just be of the 'pretend to be a CD-changer' variety so no track names or anything clever but will work ok.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes you was right lol, misses my Bluetooth loads and miss my rnse but now I have Bluetooth half way there just need to get rnse now then am sorted, one thing though my iPod dock doesn't work for some reason, I scanned with vcds and came up saying it wasn't working could the connection of fallen out the back of my head unit?
    Current

previous
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey

1st Gear

Status
    Haha. Just tried connecting it and it worked. I also have buckets and can't see it under the seat so maybe it is in a different location. I'm guessing I won't be able to use it untill I have the head unit though?? I did try and make a call just to try but didn't work. But I'm quite happy I only have to buy the rnse now. Thanks for all your help guys.

2nd Gear

Status
    Depends on whether you have the buttons on your steering wheel or not - if you have you can make/receive a call through the DIS using the wheel

1st Gear

Status
    Well I managed to make a phone call. They could here me at the other end but I couldn't here anything through the speakers. Is this due to the kenwood stereo?? On another note do you think I should swap it for a rnse or keep what I've got??

6th Gear

Status
    AIUI, if you don't have the RNS-E nor the MFSW to control the phone module then you either have to use the handset itself or, if you have the cradle, you can use the button on it to initiate the speech system for dialling etc.

2nd Gear

Status
    I would say that the ken wood stereo has probably been put in with no thought to the phone prep - I doubt Audi bluetooth can even talk to non-audi headunits. Get an RNS-E and everything will just slot into place and life will be so much simpler...