So I've been feeling a little disillusioned with the TTS for a bit
and I have been given a pretty good deal on a brand new S3, but I am still yet
to make a decision and wanted your opinions?
Firstly, the reasons for
moving from the TTS:
1) Manual box, going 2+ would require messing about
with the clutch which I don't want to do
2) Modding a TTS compared to an
S3 is a lot more expensive ie. no second hand market for the TTS
current warranty runs out in August
4) decided I want RNS-E now, my TTS
doesn't have it
5) would be trading back in 18 months anyway due to
residuals on a 40k mile + TTS being too low
Now the deal for a brand new
S3 means I would be paying pretty much the same as on the TTS for a brand new
car. Dealer is paying deposit for me and its an S-Tronic, Black Edition with
every extra except buckets.
1) S-Tronic therefore
going 2+ won't be an issue with the clutch
2) 3 year warranty, peace of
3) modding should be easier as parts readily available
brand new car!
Are there any other issues for or against either car you
can think of?
Whats the tax situation?
Still yet to see whether
insurance makes a difference..
Any particular colour I should go for?