S Line alloys

Legend7

Reaction score
After some advice from some forum member who know a lot more about cars then me :) I have decided against going for a remap as the mileage on my Audi is quite high and I really can't afford to pay for any major work after.

I was planning for getting the remap done come Januray, some S line alloys in April and S Line front and rear bumpers in the summer. However since I am now not getting the remap done I am thinking of buying the S line alloys now

Currently I have on 224/45/17 sport alloys

Couple of questions

1) what size can I upgrade to?

2) Would this affect the ride in some way if I upgrade from the standard 17s to 18 inch S line Alloys?

Personally dont think it would matter at all if you got bigger alloys specially if its from 17 to 18. Im running 18s with 225/40/18 on. Sits to high for my liking at min but thats about it.

I am about to big for some alloys which are 225/40/18 would they fit without any issues?

Can someone explain what exact sizes I can fit such as 235 40 18 or 225/40/18

Most popular size is 225/40 18. You will have no problems what so ever fella. You should also be ok i think with 235 but any wider and you may get some rubbing problems.
I believe the s-line 18's run 225/40 so as said you will have no issues mate. Straight swap.

Sports sit too high for 18s. You would need to lower it. 18x7.5 ET54 225/40/18 tyres.

Reactions: nally
If I do a direct replacement with 225/40/18s and if I did not lower the car, would there be any issues?

Sports sit too high for 18s. You would need to lower it.

Not necessarily. There's only a 10mm difference between sport and s-line height so its hardly noticeable.
It will look better lowered but it won't look stupid if kept at standard sport height.
It's the SE's that look a bit moon buggish if left at normal height with 18s.

Not necessarily. There's only a 10mm difference between sport and s-line height so its hardly noticeable.
It will look better lowered but it won't look stupid if kept at standard sport height.
It's the SE's that look a bit moon buggish if left at normal height with 18s.

As Ads said. I have just put genuine 18" bbs split speedlines on running 225/40 tyres onto my Sportback Sport. Absolutley no issues. Although i will entually lower "slightly" with eibach pro-kit, they currently do not look out of place or look like they should not be on the car.

If I do a direct replacement with 225/40/18s and if I did not lower the car, would there be any issues?

As said, you will have no issues as that size is standard OEM fit for the S-Line and S3. Just go careful that you buy wheels for the A3 as wheels for the TT and A4 are wider. A3 are 7.5J and A4 are 8J.

When i say mine to high just the gap between rubber (tyre) and the arch. to big for me, like a tractor :p. You dont have to lower it but looks wierd high i think

I thought mine looked ridiculous with 18's and standard height. I don't think it helped when the ofset sees the wheel sitting level with the arch (perfect when lowered, but exaggerates the arch gap when not!)

I thought mine looked ridiculous with 18's and standard height. I don't think it helped when the ofset sees the wheel sitting level with the arch (perfect when lowered, but exaggerates the arch gap when not!)

Spot on about offsets playing a big part. Flush wheels (low offset) look better when on a lowered car, wheels that sit in the arches (high offset) look better than low offset wheels on 'high' cars.

The s-line alloys have such a high offset that they sit deep in the arches, disguising the arch gap.
My s-lines looked a lot better than my fat fives when my car was at standard height.

hi can some one help me..ive just put some 235/40/zr18 s line alloys on my 2006 audi a3...and it looks to wide...what can i do?..can i just change the tyres or do i have to change the wheels?

hi can some one help me..ive just put some 235/40/zr18 s line alloys on my 2006 audi a3...and it looks to wide...what can i do?..can i just change the tyres or do i have to change the wheels?

Put 225/40/18 tyres on the wheels. They are the correct size.
But first... Are the alloys genuine A3 alloys? If the are A4 alloys then they will be wider. Could be the reason for the wider tyres.
Have you got the part number of the wheels?

there from an a4 mate ..gutted!!!...so ill sell these and get a3 ones....there in mint condition as well with new dunlops on...if you no anyone mate that will swap then let me no..thanks for your advice

I'm of the "why not just start with an S-Line in the 1st place" thinking.
Changing wheels, suspension, bumpers etc.
Spend a couple of grand and its worth about £500 more at the end of the day and the insurance is a mind field.
S-Lines aint really that much more to buy in the 1st place.

there from an a4 mate ..gutted!!!...so ill sell these and get a3 ones....there in mint condition as well with new dunlops on...if you no anyone mate that will swap then let me no..thanks for your advice

I believe some guys run 235s but offset will be somewhere about ET48 I think.

You don't have to get rid of the wheels mate, they'll still fit your car. You can just stick 225/40 tyres on them. To be honest, the A4 alloys sit better on the A3 than the A3 alloys do anyway. They are slightly wider and sit a bit more flush with the arches.
My wheels are A5 alloys with 225/40 and lowered, and the set up is fine.

I'm of the "why not just start with an S-Line in the 1st place" thinking.
Changing wheels, suspension, bumpers etc.
Spend a couple of grand and its worth about £500 more at the end of the day and the insurance is a mind field.
S-Lines aint really that much more to buy in the 1st place.

You could say the same about any mod. Sometimes at the time of buying a car you can't find the spec you're looking for or maybe didn't want it. Then later on you want it, so you mod it.
Also, a lot of the time its more about the achievement mate. Having done it yourself, like a little project. A hobby.

What ofset are the A4 S line wheels then?

ET45 I think, give or take a couple of mm.

Thought they were about that, same as the Fat 5's then. ET 45 will sit fairly flush on the front, and about 8mm into the arch on the rear, so as Ads says just change the tyres! A 225 or a 215 will be perfect.

A4 SLines are 8J 43 offset and obviously 112 stud diameter, the A4s should fit your car with no issues but it's personal preference on the appearance, after all it is you' car.

standard sline setup on factory wheels
IMG_2304.jpg